Sinus surgery and bronchoscopy recovery time?

Beccamom

My 11 year old saw ENT today and now we are scheduling a joint procedure for FEES sinus surgery and bronchoscopy for a sputum sample and lung wash.  How long should expect before my daughter could go back to school?

Beccamom

My 11 year old saw ENT today and now we are scheduling a joint procedure for FEES sinus surgery and bronchoscopy for a sputum sample and lung wash. How long should expect before my daughter could go back to school?

Beccamom

My 11 year old saw ENT today and now we are scheduling a joint procedure for FEES sinus surgery and bronchoscopy for a sputum sample and lung wash. How long should expect before my daughter could go back to school?

M

mneville

Aidan has had 9 sinus surgeries by age 6 and also had 3 bronchs with them. His recovery is pretty quick. He takes only Tylenol, does a lot of sinus rinses, IV antibiotics but is back to school within 3 days or so...Good luck!
Megan

M

mneville

Aidan has had 9 sinus surgeries by age 6 and also had 3 bronchs with them. His recovery is pretty quick. He takes only Tylenol, does a lot of sinus rinses, IV antibiotics but is back to school within 3 days or so...Good luck!
Megan

M

mneville

<br />Megan

Simba15

i had major sinus surgery last year. my sinuses and nose were packed for 3 days. after that i had to do nasal rinses 3x a day and often alot of blood came out. depending on the type of surgery performed i would say 2 weeks. if the entire sinus cavity is raw and healing your child would be very suseptiable to all kinds of germs

Simba15

i had major sinus surgery last year. my sinuses and nose were packed for 3 days. after that i had to do nasal rinses 3x a day and often alot of blood came out. depending on the type of surgery performed i would say 2 weeks. if the entire sinus cavity is raw and healing your child would be very suseptiable to all kinds of germs

Simba15

biz

my son just had sinus surgery almost two weeks ago. he had 100 percent blockage in 2 areas. the surgery was 2 hours long. he was a mess when he woke from it. but we had to push through and get home thats what he wanted the most.. thats a 2 hour drive for us. ugh!!! it was hard. he had gel packing in his nose but that eventualy fell out. he bleed for about 4 days and was stuffy for over a week. hes on oral abx and is doing much better now. he had a little swelling too. he also had a bronchi last november that was so easy compared to this. he woke up fine and the only side affect was coughing but that was just for a few days. ofcourse when those results came in we had to do iv abx. good luck with yours. my son is only 5 so my experience might be different from yours since your child is older.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 5 w/cf

biz

my son just had sinus surgery almost two weeks ago. he had 100 percent blockage in 2 areas. the surgery was 2 hours long. he was a mess when he woke from it. but we had to push through and get home thats what he wanted the most.. thats a 2 hour drive for us. ugh!!! it was hard. he had gel packing in his nose but that eventualy fell out. he bleed for about 4 days and was stuffy for over a week. hes on oral abx and is doing much better now. he had a little swelling too. he also had a bronchi last november that was so easy compared to this. he woke up fine and the only side affect was coughing but that was just for a few days. ofcourse when those results came in we had to do iv abx. good luck with yours. my son is only 5 so my experience might be different from yours since your child is older.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth
mama to Aidan 5 w/cf

biz

<br />-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<br />Elizabeth
<br />mama to Aidan 5 w/cf

tesorotiffa

I (granted I'm an adult and not a child) had a bronchoscopy on Thursday, sinus surgery on Friday, and I went home on Saturday.

It will depend on his sinus surgery in my opinion. If they use packing, he will probably have to stay in the hospital a few extra days. If they do not pack his sinuses after surgery, it really shouldn't be a problem going home the next day unless he's in an extreme amount of pain.

I go back to work the day after I'm released from the hospital after my surgeries. So I can't really say much for when he'll be able to return to school. I wouldn't think he'd miss too many days!

tesorotiffa

I (granted I'm an adult and not a child) had a bronchoscopy on Thursday, sinus surgery on Friday, and I went home on Saturday.

It will depend on his sinus surgery in my opinion. If they use packing, he will probably have to stay in the hospital a few extra days. If they do not pack his sinuses after surgery, it really shouldn't be a problem going home the next day unless he's in an extreme amount of pain.

I go back to work the day after I'm released from the hospital after my surgeries. So I can't really say much for when he'll be able to return to school. I wouldn't think he'd miss too many days!

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />It will depend on his sinus surgery in my opinion. If they use packing, he will probably have to stay in the hospital a few extra days. If they do not pack his sinuses after surgery, it really shouldn't be a problem going home the next day unless he's in an extreme amount of pain.
<br />
<br />I go back to work the day after I'm released from the hospital after my surgeries. So I can't really say much for when he'll be able to return to school. I wouldn't think he'd miss too many days!

G

grantsmom

Grant had sinus surgery and a bronch in June. It was an outpatient procedure and he was acting like himself by that evening. We had to irrigate his nose twice a day. He was on oral antibiotics for 10days after. His nose did bleed off and on for a few days. The biggest thing I noticed after was how terrible his breath was. I felt so bad for him. It was like that for about a week. Keep us posted

G

grantsmom

Grant had sinus surgery and a bronch in June. It was an outpatient procedure and he was acting like himself by that evening. We had to irrigate his nose twice a day. He was on oral antibiotics for 10days after. His nose did bleed off and on for a few days. The biggest thing I noticed after was how terrible his breath was. I felt so bad for him. It was like that for about a week. Keep us posted

G

grantsmom

Grant had sinus surgery and a bronch in June. It was an outpatient procedure and he was acting like himself by that evening. We had to irrigate his nose twice a day. He was on oral antibiotics for 10days after. His nose did bleed off and on for a few days. The biggest thing I noticed after was how terrible his breath was. I felt so bad for him. It was like that for about a week. Keep us posted<BR>