six week check up and looking good

bmombtoo

Hi all,

Josh had his check up on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. The only problem with this time is that the pt team wasn't in and the doctor was a bit rushed. We had a 3:30 appointment. Oh, yes, and not all of his labs were in. I now know to get those done right away.

His lung functions are improved, wish I could tell you from what number to what number, but I'm still new at this. Doc said the pulmozyne is really helping. She even lowered his Advair back down to 250/50. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one. She took another culture....first one was stap and I forgot what last months was but I'll get it from the nurse I have to call them this week anyway.

She also stopped his Xolair shot for now. It's a shot for asthmatics; I take it. It's based on your IGE. However she had him do an additional lung test that she described as like using a breathalizer: it can distinguis betwwen asthma and CF by gas levels. Surprisingly his came up CF. so she wants to see how he does off of the Xolair. Still using the Xopenex twice a day and the pulmozyne daily. Aslo zyrtec, singulair, and flonase. Sounds like a lot but we all know the routine.

The bad thing about PT not being in is we will probably have to go back to meet with them. She will see him in three months unless his labs come back funky. However she wants him on the Acapella before than.

But yahoo!!! for the good news.

bmombtoo

Hi all,

Josh had his check up on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. The only problem with this time is that the pt team wasn't in and the doctor was a bit rushed. We had a 3:30 appointment. Oh, yes, and not all of his labs were in. I now know to get those done right away.

His lung functions are improved, wish I could tell you from what number to what number, but I'm still new at this. Doc said the pulmozyne is really helping. She even lowered his Advair back down to 250/50. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one. She took another culture....first one was stap and I forgot what last months was but I'll get it from the nurse I have to call them this week anyway.

She also stopped his Xolair shot for now. It's a shot for asthmatics; I take it. It's based on your IGE. However she had him do an additional lung test that she described as like using a breathalizer: it can distinguis betwwen asthma and CF by gas levels. Surprisingly his came up CF. so she wants to see how he does off of the Xolair. Still using the Xopenex twice a day and the pulmozyne daily. Aslo zyrtec, singulair, and flonase. Sounds like a lot but we all know the routine.

The bad thing about PT not being in is we will probably have to go back to meet with them. She will see him in three months unless his labs come back funky. However she wants him on the Acapella before than.

bmombtoo

Hi all,

JazzysMom

I dont like being rushed either, but I guess overall it sounds good. They LOWERED his advair to 250/50? What was it before? Just curious because I thought that was the higher dosage? Its the dose I use am just curious!

JazzysMom

I dont like being rushed either, but I guess overall it sounds good. They LOWERED his advair to 250/50? What was it before? Just curious because I thought that was the higher dosage? Its the dose I use am just curious!

JazzysMom

kayleesgrandma

Dolline, glad to hear of the good check-up. Its always great to hear of those--helps us handle some of the bad news--so keep it that good news coming! Hope Josh stays well thru the holidays, and you can all enjoy it.

kayleesgrandma

Dolline, glad to hear of the good check-up. Its always great to hear of those--helps us handle some of the bad news--so keep it that good news coming! Hope Josh stays well thru the holidays, and you can all enjoy it.

kayleesgrandma