Sleeping and CF Kids

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter who has CF is a light sleeper but usually slept really well at night, unless she was sick(like any other child) My son(no CF) as a baby would wake and want to nurse back to sleep , once maybe twice a night(can't remember). Do you go in the room right away when your baby cries? Sometimes they cry for a few minutes and then fall back asleep. With my son, I would bring him in the bed with me(I know lots don't agree with this) Nurse him back to sleep then carry him back to his crib. Occasionally he would sleep in the bed with us(I really needed the sleep). It was just for a very short time(in the scheme of things), he weaned at 15 months. When my son was more active, running and all that he slept better. My daughter(with CF) weaned when she was 3 1/2 years, she never had sleep problems. Every baby is different. But you NEED your sleep. Is your baby taking too many naps? If my son would get a nap too close to bedtime, I knew he'ld be up at night. HTH

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter who has CF is a light sleeper but usually slept really well at night, unless she was sick(like any other child) My son(no CF) as a baby would wake and want to nurse back to sleep , once maybe twice a night(can't remember). Do you go in the room right away when your baby cries? Sometimes they cry for a few minutes and then fall back asleep. With my son, I would bring him in the bed with me(I know lots don't agree with this) Nurse him back to sleep then carry him back to his crib. Occasionally he would sleep in the bed with us(I really needed the sleep). It was just for a very short time(in the scheme of things), he weaned at 15 months. When my son was more active, running and all that he slept better. My daughter(with CF) weaned when she was 3 1/2 years, she never had sleep problems. Every baby is different. But you NEED your sleep. Is your baby taking too many naps? If my son would get a nap too close to bedtime, I knew he'ld be up at night. HTH

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

sdavis227

Gosh, getting up 3 times a night plus enzymes and everything? Yuck.

I would imagine, if he's getting up 3 times a night to eat at 14 months, that it's plain hunger that he's waking for. How much does he eat before the actual bedtime? Does he poop through the night? I would imagine if he wasn't hungry, he wouldn't wake up. Have you tried just putting him back to sleep without feeding him?
Honestly, if it wasn't hunger, I would start thinking about the CIO method. I know it can seem tough, but you need your sleep!
If i is the hunger, then maybe the eating habits and enzymes ( i guess I'm assuming he is on them?) need to be changed.

sdavis227

I would imagine, if he's getting up 3 times a night to eat at 14 months, that it's plain hunger that he's waking for. How much does he eat before the actual bedtime? Does he poop through the night? I would imagine if he wasn't hungry, he wouldn't wake up. Have you tried just putting him back to sleep without feeding him?
Honestly, if it wasn't hunger, I would start thinking about the CIO method. I know it can seem tough, but you need your sleep!
If i is the hunger, then maybe the eating habits and enzymes ( i guess I'm assuming he is on them?) need to be changed.

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Oh the other thing I thought of is, could your husband or significant other get up with the baby? At least one of those times, so you can sleep and if the baby see YOU of course you are the milk supply and comfort, maybe he'll give up and go back to sleep?

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Oh the other thing I thought of is, could your husband or significant other get up with the baby? At least one of those times, so you can sleep and if the baby see YOU of course you are the milk supply and comfort, maybe he'll give up and go back to sleep?

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator