sleeping problems

ehealy12

Hi, I am 18 and i am currently waiting for a second transplant. My breathing has recently gone down really fast in the past couple weeks. I am having the hardest time falling and staying asleep i find myself laying in bed doin pursed lip breathing while im jsut laying there. It is soo hard to try to sleep when i am having i guess labored breathing. I try to prop myself up but it is soo uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips or ideas they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

~Elizabeth~

ehealy12

Hi, I am 18 and i am currently waiting for a second transplant. My breathing has recently gone down really fast in the past couple weeks. I am having the hardest time falling and staying asleep i find myself laying in bed doin pursed lip breathing while im jsut laying there. It is soo hard to try to sleep when i am having i guess labored breathing. I try to prop myself up but it is soo uncomfortable. Does anyone have any tips or ideas they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

~Elizabeth~

ehealy12

~Elizabeth~

ehealy12

~Elizabeth~

ehealy12

~Elizabeth~

Marjolein

Hi Elizabeth.
I can't really help you, but i remember the feeling you describe very well. I had my lungtx in August 2006.
I had a hard time sleeping too. A lot of the time i was really waiting to fall asleep so i wouldn't feel how difficult it was to breath.
I did the same things you do, prop myself up, pursed lip breathing... I don't have any more tips for you.

A big big hug for you! It's morning overhere (10.26) and i'm going to physio soon. I'll be thinking of you and sending you sleeping vibes!

xxxxx

Marjolein

Hi Elizabeth.
I can't really help you, but i remember the feeling you describe very well. I had my lungtx in August 2006.
I had a hard time sleeping too. A lot of the time i was really waiting to fall asleep so i wouldn't feel how difficult it was to breath.
I did the same things you do, prop myself up, pursed lip breathing... I don't have any more tips for you.

A big big hug for you! It's morning overhere (10.26) and i'm going to physio soon. I'll be thinking of you and sending you sleeping vibes!

xxxxx

Marjolein

Hi Elizabeth.

xxxxx

Marjolein

Hi Elizabeth.

xxxxx

Marjolein

Hi Elizabeth.

xxxxx

blindhearted

Instead of proping up with a bunch of pillows, get a bed wedge. you can buy one at a pharmacy or www.harrietcarter.com (type in wedge). That website is where I got mine from. It is 7inches high, then add ur regular pillow. It might help some. At least with the wedge, you will have smooth and level support from the pillow to your bed. So your back shouldnt hurt as much. When you do prop up, put a pillow under ur knees to relieve the pressure on ur back. It also helps with sliding down so much. I used my wedge when I had a chest tube and recovering from my collaspe lung. I also use it when I have trouble breathing from coughing too much or from being sick. My dad uses one when he sleeps with his oxygen because of his sleep apnea problem. I'm not sure how much it will help with what you are feeling, but it's an idea. Good luck. I hope you start to feel better.

blindhearted

Instead of proping up with a bunch of pillows, get a bed wedge. you can buy one at a pharmacy or www.harrietcarter.com (type in wedge). That website is where I got mine from. It is 7inches high, then add ur regular pillow. It might help some. At least with the wedge, you will have smooth and level support from the pillow to your bed. So your back shouldnt hurt as much. When you do prop up, put a pillow under ur knees to relieve the pressure on ur back. It also helps with sliding down so much. I used my wedge when I had a chest tube and recovering from my collaspe lung. I also use it when I have trouble breathing from coughing too much or from being sick. My dad uses one when he sleeps with his oxygen because of his sleep apnea problem. I'm not sure how much it will help with what you are feeling, but it's an idea. Good luck. I hope you start to feel better.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted