Smoking Roomate

djotroy17

I moved into a college apartment about 4 mounts ago with 2 other guys (did not know them prior). At first things went well, we all got along and everything was good. One of my roomates smokes weed and cigs, but he would always go outside to smoke cigs and would only smoke weed inside every once in a while, which didnt bother me.

He is now smoking ALOT more than when he first moved in...hes smoking about 5-7 times a day (weed) which to me is not a big deal to me, because I have my own room and marijuana smoke does not seem to travel well and I can rarley ever smell it unless I go into the family room, however now he is smoking 3-4 cigs a day inside also...Cig smoke travels well and I hate the smell of em, I have told em many times now to not smoke cigs inside and still catch him in the act alot, most of the times he is smoking he has friends over who are also smoking and they are all playing halo3...if I catch him he will just say sorry and beg me to let him finish that last cigarete so he can play his halo3. He knows I have CF, but he is kind of an ***** and a really selfish person. I feel like a ***** for even telling him not to smoke, because I am the type of person that lets just about anything slide.

Any advice on what I should do? I am locked into a contract in this apartment for about 8 more mounts.

djotroy17

I moved into a college apartment about 4 mounts ago with 2 other guys (did not know them prior). At first things went well, we all got along and everything was good. One of my roomates smokes weed and cigs, but he would always go outside to smoke cigs and would only smoke weed inside every once in a while, which didnt bother me.

He is now smoking ALOT more than when he first moved in...hes smoking about 5-7 times a day (weed) which to me is not a big deal to me, because I have my own room and marijuana smoke does not seem to travel well and I can rarley ever smell it unless I go into the family room, however now he is smoking 3-4 cigs a day inside also...Cig smoke travels well and I hate the smell of em, I have told em many times now to not smoke cigs inside and still catch him in the act alot, most of the times he is smoking he has friends over who are also smoking and they are all playing halo3...if I catch him he will just say sorry and beg me to let him finish that last cigarete so he can play his halo3. He knows I have CF, but he is kind of an ***** and a really selfish person. I feel like a ***** for even telling him not to smoke, because I am the type of person that lets just about anything slide.

Any advice on what I should do? I am locked into a contract in this apartment for about 8 more mounts.

djotroy17

djotroy17

djotroy17

djotroy17

Something to add:

When I sighned up for this apartment I checked the boxes "I am not a smoker" and "I can not live in a room with smokers"

How harmfull is second hand smoke to me? I have a really mild case.

djotroy17

Something to add:

When I sighned up for this apartment I checked the boxes "I am not a smoker" and "I can not live in a room with smokers"

djotroy17

Something to add:

djotroy17

Something to add:

djotroy17

Something to add:

M

MCGrad2006

Does your landlord (or college campus) allow smoking a room? Would you be able to talk to your landlord about it? Maybe he or she would have another solution for you or another apt. I know it sounds like your being a tattle tale and all that crap, but seeing that you have talked to him many times before, I think you should go higher up.

I mean you could always close your door, but that only goes so far. Pull the guilt trip with him. Say something like you know I have a llung disease and the smoke severly affects my breathing, you really need to stop doing it in the room. I did that with my cousin over Thanksgiving. I said something like you have perfectly healthy lungs, I dont, why would you want to damage them even more. I dont really think he listened, but maybe he will think about it more.

Hope you get help soon!

M

MCGrad2006

Does your landlord (or college campus) allow smoking a room? Would you be able to talk to your landlord about it? Maybe he or she would have another solution for you or another apt. I know it sounds like your being a tattle tale and all that crap, but seeing that you have talked to him many times before, I think you should go higher up.

I mean you could always close your door, but that only goes so far. Pull the guilt trip with him. Say something like you know I have a llung disease and the smoke severly affects my breathing, you really need to stop doing it in the room. I did that with my cousin over Thanksgiving. I said something like you have perfectly healthy lungs, I dont, why would you want to damage them even more. I dont really think he listened, but maybe he will think about it more.

Hope you get help soon!

M

MCGrad2006

Hope you get help soon!

M

MCGrad2006

Hope you get help soon!

M

MCGrad2006

Hope you get help soon!

djotroy17

Ya, I am going to talk to my landlord about it, I am pretty sure I will be able to move into another room...but thats alot of hassle.

djotroy17

Ya, I am going to talk to my landlord about it, I am pretty sure I will be able to move into another room...but thats alot of hassle.

djotroy17

djotroy17

djotroy17