So lost

cfbigbrother

My daughter is almopst 3 and was diagnosed at 19 months. WE had a very long journey to her diagnosis and she was very ill at the time she was finally diagnosed. One of the things she has done since birth is vomit, sometimes up to a dozen times a day. Since she was diagnosed and started on enzymes the vomitting has improved alot but she still vomits most days. Our doctors and we have seen many to try to figure this out have not found anything wrong with her other than CF and say there are alot of CFers who vomit frequently. As long as she is growing we are not worried.

cfbigbrother

My daughter is almopst 3 and was diagnosed at 19 months. WE had a very long journey to her diagnosis and she was very ill at the time she was finally diagnosed. One of the things she has done since birth is vomit, sometimes up to a dozen times a day. Since she was diagnosed and started on enzymes the vomitting has improved alot but she still vomits most days. Our doctors and we have seen many to try to figure this out have not found anything wrong with her other than CF and say there are alot of CFers who vomit frequently. As long as she is growing we are not worried.

cfbigbrother

cfbigbrother

cfbigbrother

tabbycat821

It is helpful to hear that vomiting is sometimes normal. He is still gaining weight and the only issue he has is CF so I guess now I can relax a bit. I guess I never really thought of it as a grieving process because I accepted it from the getgo. I guess I need to be glad that the doctors are doing everything they can to be helpful. I have found our CF clinic very helpful whenever I have a question and the new one will be going to has helped even though he's technically not a patient yet. I am so glad I found this site with others in the same situation it's the support I needed.

tabbycat821

It is helpful to hear that vomiting is sometimes normal. He is still gaining weight and the only issue he has is CF so I guess now I can relax a bit. I guess I never really thought of it as a grieving process because I accepted it from the getgo. I guess I need to be glad that the doctors are doing everything they can to be helpful. I have found our CF clinic very helpful whenever I have a question and the new one will be going to has helped even though he's technically not a patient yet. I am so glad I found this site with others in the same situation it's the support I needed.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

Well I thought that putting cereal in the formula was going to be helpful but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. I think that the vomiting has gotten worse and throwing up wears my poor baby out. He vomits up everything in his stomach, I am afraid that there may be something else going on that may be making him sick, being new to all the CF stuff I'm not quite sure what I should be doing, the CF clinic I talked to seemed to think the cereal would help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tabbycat821

Well I thought that putting cereal in the formula was going to be helpful but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. I think that the vomiting has gotten worse and throwing up wears my poor baby out. He vomits up everything in his stomach, I am afraid that there may be something else going on that may be making him sick, being new to all the CF stuff I'm not quite sure what I should be doing, the CF clinic I talked to seemed to think the cereal would help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Have they put him on zantac drops? DS had silent reflux -- was a terrible burper and didn't vomit daily, but once in a while. The zantac also reduces the acid in the stomach and helps the enzymes work better--reach their intended destination (small intestine) intact.

Your husband is also trying to cope as well. It's all kinda surreal -- you expect a normal pregnancy, normal delivery, normal baby to bring home and suddenly everything changes. DH and I got into an argument shortly after we brought DS home because he had a cough and I KNEW there was something going on with him, but because the local peds/cf doctor told me he was fine, DH accused me of WANTING DS to be sick. A few weeks later, we found out he had bronchitis. Grrr!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Have they put him on zantac drops? DS had silent reflux -- was a terrible burper and didn't vomit daily, but once in a while. The zantac also reduces the acid in the stomach and helps the enzymes work better--reach their intended destination (small intestine) intact.

Your husband is also trying to cope as well. It's all kinda surreal -- you expect a normal pregnancy, normal delivery, normal baby to bring home and suddenly everything changes. DH and I got into an argument shortly after we brought DS home because he had a cough and I KNEW there was something going on with him, but because the local peds/cf doctor told me he was fine, DH accused me of WANTING DS to be sick. A few weeks later, we found out he had bronchitis. Grrr!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Your husband is also trying to cope as well. It's all kinda surreal -- you expect a normal pregnancy, normal delivery, normal baby to bring home and suddenly everything changes. DH and I got into an argument shortly after we brought DS home because he had a cough and I KNEW there was something going on with him, but because the local peds/cf doctor told me he was fine, DH accused me of WANTING DS to be sick. A few weeks later, we found out he had bronchitis. Grrr!