So proud of my daughter...

imported_Momto2

Hey folks, I just had to share. My ten year old daughter, who we adopted internationally at 1 year old, just cleaned house at her gymnastics meet. She was the all-around champion (two golds, two silver medals), and in the event finals, got a silver on floor and a bronze on beam. She led her team to first place, despite having a horrid cold. This is a young lady who was VERY developmentally delayed as a toddler, and has sensory feedback issues on her left side (she doesnt know where her left arm and leg are in space unless she can see it). She has worked so hard in gymnastics for over seven years, and is now doing a lot of stuff with those Russian names and lots of revolutions. I am just so proud of her for never giving up and always believing that with enough hard work, she would get there.<br>

imported_Momto2

Hey folks, I just had to share. My ten year old daughter, who we adopted internationally at 1 year old, just cleaned house at her gymnastics meet. She was the all-around champion (two golds, two silver medals), and in the event finals, got a silver on floor and a bronze on beam. She led her team to first place, despite having a horrid cold. This is a young lady who was VERY developmentally delayed as a toddler, and has sensory feedback issues on her left side (she doesnt know where her left arm and leg are in space unless she can see it). She has worked so hard in gymnastics for over seven years, and is now doing a lot of stuff with those Russian names and lots of revolutions. I am just so proud of her for never giving up and always believing that with enough hard work, she would get there.<br>

imported_Momto2

Melissa75

Administrator
Wow, congrats to your daughter for working so hard and going so far! Great job to you, too, for putting her in such a great sport for her needs. And, of course, for all the schlepping to practice I'm sure you do. It's fantastic that she's accomplished so much!

It's funny that you mention this, too, because recently I actually thought to myself it was my years of gymnastics that taught me to be aware of exactly where my body parts are in space: the angle of my arms, torso, even where my fingers are--all while moving fast. These skills, 20+ yrs later, make me a rockstar at the local gym's dance classes ha ha ha.

Melissa75

Administrator
Wow, congrats to your daughter for working so hard and going so far! Great job to you, too, for putting her in such a great sport for her needs. And, of course, for all the schlepping to practice I'm sure you do. It's fantastic that she's accomplished so much!

It's funny that you mention this, too, because recently I actually thought to myself it was my years of gymnastics that taught me to be aware of exactly where my body parts are in space: the angle of my arms, torso, even where my fingers are--all while moving fast. These skills, 20+ yrs later, make me a rockstar at the local gym's dance classes ha ha ha.

Melissa75

Administrator