Social Security/disability

Samsmom

Thanks Julie for the info, but that unfortunately won't work. No one in our faimilies is on Social security retirement. Hopefully the change in income will be enough to get her qualified. All we can do is keep trying!!

Samsmom

Thanks Julie for the info, but that unfortunately won't work. No one in our faimilies is on Social security retirement. Hopefully the change in income will be enough to get her qualified. All we can do is keep trying!!

billykeith

My fev1 is 47%. The range is 28%-55% in my case. I applied 7 months ago and have heard nothing. i am in the hospital 1 or so a year(trust me i could go more often) I have hemeoptysis very often. this is usually about 200ml. each time. I am 31. I could not work if my live depended on it. I have tried to do so, but what company is going to allow for an employee to take 10 sick days per year, in addition to 3-4 weeks in the hospital,while returning to work with a picc line. All of this while costing the insurance company $ 300-500 THOUSAND $ per year! Plus to do the tobi, hypertonic, colly, pulmozyme takes a few hours out of the day. as for your question i can only say good luck. I have reserched the topic exhaustively and have found that some people are not so bad off and get ssdi while some are very sick and do not get any help. Stay positive,and persistent,and you will win, its's like an act of attrition.

billykeith

My fev1 is 47%. The range is 28%-55% in my case. I applied 7 months ago and have heard nothing. i am in the hospital 1 or so a year(trust me i could go more often) I have hemeoptysis very often. this is usually about 200ml. each time. I am 31. I could not work if my live depended on it. I have tried to do so, but what company is going to allow for an employee to take 10 sick days per year, in addition to 3-4 weeks in the hospital,while returning to work with a picc line. All of this while costing the insurance company $ 300-500 THOUSAND $ per year! Plus to do the tobi, hypertonic, colly, pulmozyme takes a few hours out of the day. as for your question i can only say good luck. I have reserched the topic exhaustively and have found that some people are not so bad off and get ssdi while some are very sick and do not get any help. Stay positive,and persistent,and you will win, its's like an act of attrition.

billykeith

billykeith

billykeith

Mathews

I would recommend that you contact Beth Sufian, CF attorney. She can help you.

Here contact info. is <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithCF/CFLegalHotline/">here</a>

Mathews

Here contact info. is <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cff.org/LivingWithCF/CFLegalHotline/">here</a>

Mathews

Mathews

Mathews