Solution to those nasty shakes...

littlepinkstar

Hey, I am a 15 yr old w/cf and I know what it is like to experiance those nasty milkshakes that the Doctors give you to gain weight. these are some supliments Iv'e tried...Ensure - Very thick and vitamney (1/10)Boost - Ew. (0/10)Scandy Shakes aka Sandy Shakes - Does not mix well, But if you put enough ice cream in its pretty good. (3/10)Carnation Breakfasts - Good, but expensive comes in alot of flavours, very pricey. (8/10)But, For those of you that dont like those.... I suguest <b>Nestle NuBasics Plus</b> - very very good. 375 calories. Doesnt taste like vitamins ONE bit! they are so good, LOL. i drink 5 a day and i really think it will help with our weight gain. also, if you are under weight w/ cf or without... they are very good!!! They are canned and come in vanilla chocolate and strawberry, but the doctors send you pakcages with banana, orange, blue berry, chocolate, vanilla, straberry, coffee, and alot more other flavoured powders to add to it.. 15 xtra calories <b>I TOTALLY SUGGEST THIS!!! BELIEVE ME ITS GOOD!</b> (100/100)remember you can also add extra calories to your food, by using ScandiCal (<< by the makers of ScandiShakes, but it works) and using half and hla,d vitamin D milk, Icecream, there are tons of stuff to add! I really hope i helped, if you have tried these shakes PLEASE respond and tell other people your likings and dislikings.by the way, i heard alot of us CF'ers like nestle shakes. not just NuBasicsx0x,Alyssa Marie 15/wcf

anonymous

Alyssa, Thanks for your post about those shakes. I have tiwn boys six years old with cf. We are having a hard time getting some weight on them. They are so tired of those shakes. These nestle nubasis that you are talking about the doctor has to help you get them or can you purchase them at the grocery store? Thanks for the tip.Mom to twins with cf!