some need to knows please

Kaersta

My boyfriend and i are thinking about getting married and we have been talking about having kids. we are scared because of all the meds im on. i take tobi, polmo, albut, vest, and a ton of pills. would any of those hurt the baby? and would i have to stop anything eles besides the vest? some input would help just anything. thank you all so much!

Kaersta

My boyfriend and i are thinking about getting married and we have been talking about having kids. we are scared because of all the meds im on. i take tobi, polmo, albut, vest, and a ton of pills. would any of those hurt the baby? and would i have to stop anything eles besides the vest? some input would help just anything. thank you all so much!

Kaersta

KarenEliz

I choose to stop Tobi, remained on pulmozyme and hypertonic. I was not on any pills at the time. You dont have to stop the vest, I continued the vest until it didn't fit, then my husband did manual CPT on me. I would suggest you speak with your CF team at your next appointment. I had a "tune up" done just prior to TTC to make sure I was in the best health going into pregnancy. My PFT's 1 year post pregnancy are higher than they were pre pregnancy. You just have to make sure to make time for yourself (exercise, treatments) to stay healthy. S

KarenEliz

I choose to stop Tobi, remained on pulmozyme and hypertonic. I was not on any pills at the time. You dont have to stop the vest, I continued the vest until it didn't fit, then my husband did manual CPT on me. I would suggest you speak with your CF team at your next appointment. I had a "tune up" done just prior to TTC to make sure I was in the best health going into pregnancy. My PFT's 1 year post pregnancy are higher than they were pre pregnancy. You just have to make sure to make time for yourself (exercise, treatments) to stay healthy. S

KarenEliz

J

jennylivingston

I used the vest, pulmozyme, and an albeterol inhaler during my entire pregnancy. When I got really fat, I still used it but just snapped the top buckle. I also had my husband do some PT at that point. I also continued taking my enzymes and certain antibiotics through the pregnancy.

I wasn't on TOBI at the time, but started doing it after I had my baby and was breastfeeding. I also have a friend who was on TOBI trhoughout her pregnancy- her OB and CF doctor told her it would be fine. There seems to be some contraversy about whether or not TOBI is safe during pregnancy (or breastfeeding) but after asking a lot of questions at clinic at doing quite a bit of research on my own, I decided to continue breastfeeding on TOBI. I know it's kind of a different situation, but either way I think you have to research it, weigh the pros and cons, then make your decision.

J

jennylivingston

I used the vest, pulmozyme, and an albeterol inhaler during my entire pregnancy. When I got really fat, I still used it but just snapped the top buckle. I also had my husband do some PT at that point. I also continued taking my enzymes and certain antibiotics through the pregnancy.

I wasn't on TOBI at the time, but started doing it after I had my baby and was breastfeeding. I also have a friend who was on TOBI trhoughout her pregnancy- her OB and CF doctor told her it would be fine. There seems to be some contraversy about whether or not TOBI is safe during pregnancy (or breastfeeding) but after asking a lot of questions at clinic at doing quite a bit of research on my own, I decided to continue breastfeeding on TOBI. I know it's kind of a different situation, but either way I think you have to research it, weigh the pros and cons, then make your decision.

J

jennylivingston

<br />
<br />I wasn't on TOBI at the time, but started doing it after I had my baby and was breastfeeding. I also have a friend who was on TOBI trhoughout her pregnancy- her OB and CF doctor told her it would be fine. There seems to be some contraversy about whether or not TOBI is safe during pregnancy (or breastfeeding) but after asking a lot of questions at clinic at doing quite a bit of research on my own, I decided to continue breastfeeding on TOBI. I know it's kind of a different situation, but either way I think you have to research it, weigh the pros and cons, then make your decision.