Someone with experiance...

anonymous

G'day,
I was wandering if anyone who has cf has taken ectasy? I know it is not a good idea for anyone! let alone a person with cf, but i want to know if it is more dangerous to me than someone without cf?
Thanks, Timmy

Emily65Roses

It probably is more dangerous. I've never taken it, but I know it's been known to dehydrate the hell out of you. The last thing we need is something like dehydration. I won't tell you not to (even though I do NOT think it's a good idea), because I'm not your mother. If you're set on doing it, be sure you're not alone (and that at least one of the people there is not rolling, is responsible and has read up on CF), and that the person watching you makes you drink a lot of water.

J

jacobus

I have taken it once. To be honest, it didn't do a thing to me (neither positive or negative). Having said that, I believe that E is one of the most dangerous drugs around. I know some people who are seriously screwed because of it. Whether the risks to someone with cf are greater than those posed to a non cf person, I guess that would depend on how far advanced your disease is.

anonymous

Not to sound like the guy who needs to be all preachy and whatever because I've done my fair share of "having fun," but there's certain things you just don't do. E is one of them. It's just a bad idea for anyone, and if any of my friends were thinking about taking the next step and moving on to E I'd slap them. Not that you deserve to be slap, just that a lot of my friends are dumb

JazzysMom

When I was in highschool I did a lot of drinking & smoked a lot of pot. Many people around me did much harder stuff, but I was petrified of trying it. Mainly because I was afraid of getting addicted. Ironically I never thought about the affects on my CF. I no longer smoke pot & hardly drink. I dont like how it makes me feel anymore & believe it or not I can have fun without it. Who would have thought? HUH! I also am unfortunate/forunate to have many people who are recovering drug addicts or alcoholics in my life & I have seen first hand how things can spiral out of control real fast. I dont see it worth the risk!

anonymous

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://my.webmd.com/content/article/29/1728_67163.htm">http://my.webmd.com/content/article/29/1728_67163.htm</a>

anonymous

Well I am by no means a drug pusher, but I have tried just about everything at least once, E included. I cannot say that it was good for me or that I had any great benefits from the experiences, but nor can I say that it harmed me or my body in regards to my CF. I do believe that you take huge risks in taking drugs as you don't know how your body will react and also, addiction can sneak up on you in a way that you wouldn't and won't understand until it happens. Though E itself is not addicting, it is in the meth family and meth is horribly addicting. E also "eats" your brain. but it is a lot of fun, and I can't lie to you and say it isn't.

C

Cutecurlz

36 yr old female with CF...I did it once way back in the day and I did not like it...DO NOT DO IT....it really dehydrates you and as I'm sure you've been told we ppl with CF don't need that. Stay away!

cheynne

Hey, I'm 18 and attending university. I have never tried any drugs (pot included), but do drink pretty heavily. Last weekend I had 9 shots of tequila, an absinthe and some other stuff. Does anyone else find that your lungs open up dramatically? Also, does cerosis of the liver temporarely increase your alchehol tolerance before reducing it (I know it's really stupid to drink with it...)? Or is my liver damage stilll minor?

anonymous

absinthe is a drug (did you like it?).
Alcohol is a natural cough suppressant and a bit of an anisthetic so it would make sense that it made you feel a little better.

Mockingbird

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>There is absolutley NO proof that it does any long term damage to the body whatsoever and most medical professionals agree, that if you have to take a drug, E is the safest one to take. <hr></blockquote>

What medical professionals say that? I think you just made that up. And there's no proof of long term effects simply because E hasn't been around for a long time. If you're going to talk about your own personal experience that's fine, but don't go saying stuff that you don't really know is true.

Emily65Roses

I agree with what Jarod said. Uhm, plus I once saw a CAT scan or MRI (I forget which) of a person who was a perpetual E user, and there were *several* GIANT holes in her brain. Looked like Swiss cheese. No permanent damage my tushie.

anonymous

Hey Mockingbird, I believe that's exactly what I said.......there is absolutely NO proof that E does long term damage - so what are you disagreeing with here? I never stated WHY there is no proof, it's just a fact that there isn't! And as for the 'giant holes in a girl's brain'..........i suppose they have proof it was caused by her taking E? Of course they don't, she may have taken other drugs, drank like a fish for years, sniffed glue, had a disease they've yet to discover..........who knows what caused it? But there is no proof it was the E.........you guys need to stop listening to scare tactics that support your christian beliefs and accept that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT E DOES TO SOMEBODY LONG TERM. It's a fact, go argue with the scientists if you really need to vent. I'm just trying to help out the person who wanted advice from somebody with EXPERIENCE!! you guys tried it have you??? Not everybody on this site is a christian who looks down their oh so judgemental noses at those of us who choose a different path in life. Funny that..............i'm sure being non judgemental is part of being a christian isn't it? tutt tutt!

cheynne

er...It does sound a little suspicious that E doesn't cause brain damage. I guess that's the same logic that cigarretes don't actually cause lung cancer?

Absinthe is alright. If you do it properly (boiling sugar in a spoon before swollowing it) it tastes really crappy, but it can get you sorted pretty quickly. It's more of a really strong drink than a drug I think tho (it's legal in my country). Does anyone know of any effects from taking it?

J

jacobus

<blockquote>Quote
<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i>
Hey Mockingbird, I believe that's exactly what I said.......there is absolutely NO proof that E does long term damage - so what are you disagreeing with here? I never stated WHY there is no proof, it's just a fact that there isn't! And as for the 'giant holes in a girl's brain'..........i suppose they have proof it was caused by her taking E? Of course they don't, she may have taken other drugs, drank like a fish for years, sniffed glue, had a disease they've yet to discover..........who knows what caused it? But there is no proof it was the E.........you guys need to stop listening to scare tactics that support your christian beliefs and accept that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT E DOES TO SOMEBODY LONG TERM. It's a fact, go argue with the scientists if you really need to vent. I'm just trying to help out the person who wanted advice from somebody with EXPERIENCE!! you guys tried it have you??? Not everybody on this site is a christian who looks down their oh so judgemental noses at those of us who choose a different path in life. Funny that..............i'm sure being non judgemental is part of being a christian isn't it? tutt tutt!<hr></blockquote>

I believe it to be more dangerous than other more established drugs because of the fact that we don't have 70 year olds walking around who were major E users when they were young. I've done almost every drug under the sun and I agree that scare tactics and misinformation is the most dangerous thing. However, I have friends who use everything from Pot to Heroin and from my experience, those who have abused other drugs (specifically heroin and coke) have been able to bounce back after their using without any noticable changes. In contrast, my friends who have used E for a few years are noticably different and they all admit that their mental facilties have decreased significantly. While it might just be coincidence, there is also a very real chance that the E is to blame. I guess only time will tell...

Emily65Roses

Totally unrelated, but little girl/boy who likes to lecture... I'm not Christian or religious at all. I'm just not a dumb*ss. You have fun and do that E all you like and if/when it depletes your serotonin and puts holes in your brain, I warn you... I'm liable to laugh.

Maybe you're right, maybe there is no proof that MDMA is harmful (though I think that's garbage), but you know what... there's also no proof that it's not. Just like Jarod said. Yeah.

anonymous

OH NO!! you wouldn't LAUGH at me would you??!!!!! shock! horror!! I just don't know if i could cope with that................i mean i've only lived with CF for 37 yrs.........someone laughing at me would really push me over the edge i think. For goodness sake grow up, i was trying to help the person who asked for it, i obviously have a lot more experience than you do and would never come on this forum and criticise another persons attempt at help. Perhaps you should be posting in the teenagers forum until you mature enough to be able to accept that A) you don't know it all at the ripe old age of 21 and B) this isn't the place to start arguments simply becuase you happen to disagree with somebody elses opinion or advice. By all means say if you disagree and/or have facts that prove another poster wrong, but please be very careful HOW you say what you have to say. Being a smartass is extremely unattractive not to mention unnecessary. We are all entitled to our opinions, i hope one day you realise that and lose the attitude.

cheynne

In that case, why is E illegal?

I'm concerned about my absinthe now! If anyone can provide me with some more information it would be awesome.

anonymous

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br> however if you look up statistics, there are less deaths from E than every other drug and alcohol related death put together. .<hr></blockquote>

Obviously there would be less deaths from E if you compare it all other drugs and alcohol together! I meean think about it-duh! Thats like saying there are less deaths from CF then all the other forms of death put together....

Shamrock, x

Mockingbird

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>OH NO!! you wouldn't LAUGH at me would you??!!!!! shock! horror!! I just don't know if i could cope with that................i mean i've only lived with CF for 37 yrs.........someone laughing at me would really push me over the edge i think. For goodness sake grow up, i was trying to help the person who asked for it, i obviously have a lot more experience than you do and would never come on this forum and criticise another persons attempt at help. Perhaps you should be posting in the teenagers forum until you mature enough to be able to accept that A) you don't know it all at the ripe old age of 21 and B) this isn't the place to start arguments simply becuase you happen to disagree with somebody elses opinion or advice. By all means say if you disagree and/or have facts that prove another poster wrong, but please be very careful HOW you say what you have to say. Being a smartass is extremely unattractive not to mention unnecessary. We are all entitled to our opinions, i hope one day you realise that and lose the attitude.<hr></blockquote>

It's obvious you're only here to cause problems. Either that, or E has put holes in your brain as well and made you lose your ability to reason. I think it's kind of funny how you start your post out being a smartass, and then at the end say how being a smartass is so unattractive and uneccessary. Keep it up, though. I mean, it's not like anyone believes you anyway, and you are a pretty good laugh.