Someone with experiance...

anonymous

Cheynne - I always thought absinthe was a drug - I'm pretty sure it is illegal here (USA).

Aside from the arguing going on here, any one interested in drugs, drug use and reasons for making drugs illegal should read the book "Saying Yes." It is more pro drug use than against, so if you are a "just say no" kinda person, you might want to pass it by. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the author.

I would venture to say, that E being in the meth arena is going to make it much more lilkely to cause brain damage than to cause physical damage, but there is no proof and it was originally used in couples' counseling, so go stew on that for a while.

Lastly, I think anitbiotics have just as great a danger as anything else when taken in great quantites (as with any drug, I don't think E would be dangerous taken once or twice, but constant use, as with constant alcohol, cocaine, cigarettes, etc. is wherein the problem lies). So people on zithromax for long periods of time or any of the inhaled drugs should question the long term effectiveness and health risks. CF people haven't been living as long as we are now - thanks to these same drugs, so we will soon be finding out whether or not our advair or tobi everyday twice a day for the last ten years will in fact cause thyroid (breast, brain, etc.) cancer.

cheynne

It is legal where I live - although I have to admit I trust your goverment far more than I trust my own. I consider myself open minded, so I'll check out the book.

Damn, I hope you're wrong though - I've been taking that stuff frequently for the last two years.

...I've always wondered why that twitch has started in my left eye... =P

I still think that the antibiotics are far worse for us than any drink though.

Emily65Roses

Uhm yeah... I was only a smartass because you were being one in your very first post. If you want to disagree and say there's no proof, say it like an adult instead of a 15 year old, and maybe I'll respond in a likewise manner.

Mockingbird

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>cheynne</b></i><br>Do you guys ever get concerned about the affects of antibiotics on our brains?<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, but it's not like we have a whole lotta choice. I mean, it's either risk damage to the brains, liver and kidneys, or get sick from lung infection. That's why we do the whole every-other month thing with TOBI, and also why the more powerful stuff is usually only given for two weeks at a time, to minimize those risks or at least delay them.

It's not perfect, but I guess all we can do is choose the lesser of two evils; whichever that is.

Mockingbird

<blockquote>Quote<br><hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>Anonymous</b></i><br>I would venture to say, that E being in the meth arena is going to make it much more lilkely to cause brain damage than to cause physical damage, but there is no proof and it was originally used in couples' counseling, so go stew on that for a while.
<hr></blockquote>

Once again, there's no proof because it hasn't been around that long. And phen-phen (or however you spell it) used to be prescribed as diet pills... that doesn't mean it was safe.

Saying there's no proof against E is a fallacy. I could say the same thing about CFers and antibiotics, that there's absoutely no proof that antibiotics will be causing long-term effects, either. =-)

I'm not trying to run an anti-drug campaign, and i haven't seen anyone else trying on this thread, either. I just don't like people giving out false information.