Something new with AZLI/Cayston

M

MCGrad2006

For those of you who have used AZLI/Cayston do you have to use Alb beforehand? I have used this drug since the trials and have never really noticed any wheezing or tightness. But I just started it up again for the month and have noticed some tightness and hacking kind of cough. Its a very dry cough, not getting anything up. I don't know if it is just because I am just starting it and if I wait a few days the coughing will go away.

I was also thinking that this is the first time since I was in the hospital a few weeks ago, so maybe the AZLI is working on what the IV's didn't finish.

What are your thoughts? What kind of experiences have you had? It is not like I cough all day long, it's just for a short time right after I do the meds.

M

MCGrad2006

For those of you who have used AZLI/Cayston do you have to use Alb beforehand? I have used this drug since the trials and have never really noticed any wheezing or tightness. But I just started it up again for the month and have noticed some tightness and hacking kind of cough. Its a very dry cough, not getting anything up. I don't know if it is just because I am just starting it and if I wait a few days the coughing will go away.

I was also thinking that this is the first time since I was in the hospital a few weeks ago, so maybe the AZLI is working on what the IV's didn't finish.

What are your thoughts? What kind of experiences have you had? It is not like I cough all day long, it's just for a short time right after I do the meds.

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />I was also thinking that this is the first time since I was in the hospital a few weeks ago, so maybe the AZLI is working on what the IV's didn't finish.
<br />
<br />What are your thoughts? What kind of experiences have you had? It is not like I cough all day long, it's just for a short time right after I do the meds.

BaylorCrew07

my doc told me to use albuterol/xopenex before using Cayston. I do it after xopenex/hypersal/pulmozyme in the morning & evening. my doc gave me an albuterol inhaler to use before Cayston for my mid-day dose, which I did during my first round of Cayston, and have not done since.

I have noticed tightness in my chest during Cayston WITH albuterol prior, as well as without, so I'm not sure it makes a difference, but definitely worth giving it a shot.

BaylorCrew07

my doc told me to use albuterol/xopenex before using Cayston. I do it after xopenex/hypersal/pulmozyme in the morning & evening. my doc gave me an albuterol inhaler to use before Cayston for my mid-day dose, which I did during my first round of Cayston, and have not done since.

I have noticed tightness in my chest during Cayston WITH albuterol prior, as well as without, so I'm not sure it makes a difference, but definitely worth giving it a shot.

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />I have noticed tightness in my chest during Cayston WITH albuterol prior, as well as without, so I'm not sure it makes a difference, but definitely worth giving it a shot.

tesorotiffa

I never noticed any tightness, but if I don't do an albuterol before I do the Cayston, then I cough much more while I'm breathing the Cayston in.

tesorotiffa

I never noticed any tightness, but if I don't do an albuterol before I do the Cayston, then I cough much more while I'm breathing the Cayston in.

tesorotiffa

Futant3

Was also told to do my bronchodilators before doing Cayston. I've noticed some wheezy tightness after doing it but not much cough, it seems to happen intermittently. It also doesn't last for very long, maybe 10 minutes and is only slight so I haven't really worried about it.

Futant3

Was also told to do my bronchodilators before doing Cayston. I've noticed some wheezy tightness after doing it but not much cough, it seems to happen intermittently. It also doesn't last for very long, maybe 10 minutes and is only slight so I haven't really worried about it.

Futant3

scanboyd

I do what Debra does except I do the hts before the xopenex, they say do the bronco dial. Before the hts but that does not work best for me. I might add I become well hydrated 3-4 12oz glasses of water 30-45 min prior to neb. esp. In the am and well hydrated the rest of the day. I have never experienced the tightness in the chest as some have described.

scanboyd

I do what Debra does except I do the hts before the xopenex, they say do the bronco dial. Before the hts but that does not work best for me. I might add I become well hydrated 3-4 12oz glasses of water 30-45 min prior to neb. esp. In the am and well hydrated the rest of the day. I have never experienced the tightness in the chest as some have described.

scanboyd