Son having problems

bvanlerberghe

My son is in hospital and was doing great the first week and half. the end of 2nd week in hospital his o2 went from 96% to 84% all of a sudden in the middle of night. Dr seems to think it is mucus plug but this has continued the last 3 days and nights and he is having to have oxygen at 1-1.5 liter and still at that his o2 sat is 92. His o2 sat arriving st the hospital was 94. I am just a little confused and this has never happened. How long does this usually take to clear if this truly is a mucus plug. His chest x ray they say is fine.

bvanlerberghe

My son is in hospital and was doing great the first week and half. the end of 2nd week in hospital his o2 went from 96% to 84% all of a sudden in the middle of night. Dr seems to think it is mucus plug but this has continued the last 3 days and nights and he is having to have oxygen at 1-1.5 liter and still at that his o2 sat is 92. His o2 sat arriving st the hospital was 94. I am just a little confused and this has never happened. How long does this usually take to clear if this truly is a mucus plug. His chest x ray they say is fine.

bvanlerberghe