soooo SCARED DEATH not sure where to go from here

SuperRyan

Hi Christie

As you can see from all of the responses, you are not alone. I just recently started to participate in this site. I have spent many weeks just reading everyone's responses and then I finally decided to dive in head first. I have to say, it is the best thing that I have done. There is so much support and guidance here, I wish I had been a part of it from the beginning.

My son is 2 1/2 and he was diagnosed with CF when he was 9 months old. The first few months are definitely the toughest as you struggle to get all of the information that you can get your hands on so that you can feel somewhat capable of handling this situation. The biggest thing for me was that I just needed to know what to do for my son. Just tell me what I need to do to help him and I will do it. Once I was armed with those answers, I felt more in control of the situation. As someone else said below, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER and PROACTIVITY IS POWER. You need to be on top of what is going on and be ahead of the game.

I promise you it gets easier. You will never stop worrying, but I promise it will get to a point where it just becomes a part of everyday life. Hang in there and we will all be here going through it with you. What a conforting and reassuring thought.

Take care and God Bless..