Sore throats

W

welshwitch

Hi folks!

Hope everyone is doing wonderfully this holiday season.

I haven't been on here for awhile (having too much fun w. holiday stuff!) but I wanted to get some input on a situation that has been nagging me for awhile.

For the past 2 or 3 years, I have been getting sore throats a LOT. At least once or twice every month. I look in the mirrior and see my throat glands are swollen. The weird thing is, this doesn't seem to be associated with any kind of cold or cough. It only happens when I get tired. I find myself sucking on Ricolas and maybe drinking some tea but I have a hard time getting rid of them. I'm not on antibiotics or anything and have been really aggressive with my sinus issues.

I'm not sure if this is CF related or not. I wondered if I need to get my tonsils taken out, but knowing the risks of surgery on a person w. CF that makes me think that my doctors wouldn't be into it. I wonder if it has anything to do with lungs. I don't seem to be coughing up any more stuff than usual. It's not painful, just an irritating annoyance. I also notice that I get them more often if I am about to do something that requires a lot of energy (be in a wedding, go on a trip, go to a party, etc.)

Does anyone w. CF seem to get a LOT of sore throats? How do you get rid of it? Could this be bacteria? Any tips would be appreciated!

W

welshwitch

Hi folks!

I haven't been on here for awhile (having too much fun w. holiday stuff!) but I wanted to get some input on a situation that has been nagging me for awhile.

For the past 2 or 3 years, I have been getting sore throats a LOT. At least once or twice every month. I look in the mirrior and see my throat glands are swollen. The weird thing is, this doesn't seem to be associated with any kind of cold or cough. It only happens when I get tired. I find myself sucking on Ricolas and maybe drinking some tea but I have a hard time getting rid of them. I'm not on antibiotics or anything and have been really aggressive with my sinus issues.

I'm not sure if this is CF related or not. I wondered if I need to get my tonsils taken out, but knowing the risks of surgery on a person w. CF that makes me think that my doctors wouldn't be into it. I wonder if it has anything to do with lungs. I don't seem to be coughing up any more stuff than usual. It's not painful, just an irritating annoyance. I also notice that I get them more often if I am about to do something that requires a lot of energy (be in a wedding, go on a trip, go to a party, etc.)

Does anyone w. CF seem to get a LOT of sore throats? How do you get rid of it? Could this be bacteria? Any tips would be appreciated!

W

welshwitch

Hi folks!

W

welshwitch

Hi folks!

W

welshwitch

Hi folks!
<br />
<br />Hope everyone is doing wonderfully this holiday season.
<br />
<br />I haven't been on here for awhile (having too much fun w. holiday stuff!) but I wanted to get some input on a situation that has been nagging me for awhile.
<br />
<br />For the past 2 or 3 years, I have been getting sore throats a LOT. At least once or twice every month. I look in the mirrior and see my throat glands are swollen. The weird thing is, this doesn't seem to be associated with any kind of cold or cough. It only happens when I get tired. I find myself sucking on Ricolas and maybe drinking some tea but I have a hard time getting rid of them. I'm not on antibiotics or anything and have been really aggressive with my sinus issues.
<br />
<br />I'm not sure if this is CF related or not. I wondered if I need to get my tonsils taken out, but knowing the risks of surgery on a person w. CF that makes me think that my doctors wouldn't be into it. I wonder if it has anything to do with lungs. I don't seem to be coughing up any more stuff than usual. It's not painful, just an irritating annoyance. I also notice that I get them more often if I am about to do something that requires a lot of energy (be in a wedding, go on a trip, go to a party, etc.)
<br />
<br />Does anyone w. CF seem to get a LOT of sore throats? How do you get rid of it? Could this be bacteria? Any tips would be appreciated!

SarahJean1976

Hey Wels...
When I first read your title, I immediately could relate... though mine are usually the first signs of something brewing... Everytime I get the sore throat, within days I am coughing up a storm followed by weeks of coughing up dark green gunk... But it doesn't sound like it is the same as yours...
"Make sure you gargle with warm salt water" as my nana would say...
Though it usually works...
Good luck with it, sorry I wasn't too much help...
xoxo
Sarah Jean

SarahJean1976

Hey Wels...
When I first read your title, I immediately could relate... though mine are usually the first signs of something brewing... Everytime I get the sore throat, within days I am coughing up a storm followed by weeks of coughing up dark green gunk... But it doesn't sound like it is the same as yours...
xoxo
Sarah Jean

SarahJean1976

Hey Wels...
xoxo
Sarah Jean

SarahJean1976

Hey Wels...
xoxo
Sarah Jean

SarahJean1976

Hey Wels...
<br />When I first read your title, I immediately could relate... though mine are usually the first signs of something brewing... Everytime I get the sore throat, within days I am coughing up a storm followed by weeks of coughing up dark green gunk... But it doesn't sound like it is the same as yours...
<br />"Make sure you gargle with warm salt water" as my nana would say...
<br />Though it usually works...
<br />Good luck with it, sorry I wasn't too much help...
<br />xoxo
<br />Sarah Jean

Diane

I tend to get sore throats also. Most times i believe it has to be allergies because it goes away over night. If it persists then i am usually coming down with something. At the first sign of a sore throat i start gargling with Listerine. Yes it burns, but it also feels good afterwards. In my opinion its better to kill the bacteria with Listerine a few times a day than just try to soothe it with salt water. Warm Salt water DOES soothe the throat but i would rather kill the bacteria first and maybe use the Salt water later on, seperately. Since i have been using the Listerine to gargle with several times a day with a sore throat i have noticed the sore throats dont last long.

Diane

I tend to get sore throats also. Most times i believe it has to be allergies because it goes away over night. If it persists then i am usually coming down with something. At the first sign of a sore throat i start gargling with Listerine. Yes it burns, but it also feels good afterwards. In my opinion its better to kill the bacteria with Listerine a few times a day than just try to soothe it with salt water. Warm Salt water DOES soothe the throat but i would rather kill the bacteria first and maybe use the Salt water later on, seperately. Since i have been using the Listerine to gargle with several times a day with a sore throat i have noticed the sore throats dont last long.

Diane

Diane

Diane