Sore throats

scanboyd

I gargle with warm salty water twice daily if I think I am going to get a sore throat. Also use the Neti pot regularly. Have not had a sore throat since starting using the Neti Pot 2 yrs. ago.

scanboyd

I gargle with warm salty water twice daily if I think I am going to get a sore throat. Also use the Neti pot regularly. Have not had a sore throat since starting using the Neti Pot 2 yrs. ago.

scanboyd

scanboyd

scanboyd

C

cathycat

My son gets sore throats alot too. Most times it is from sinus problems and post nasal drip. He takes sudafed occasionally and it helps. I'm going to have him try the salt water gargle next time.

C

cathycat

My son gets sore throats alot too. Most times it is from sinus problems and post nasal drip. He takes sudafed occasionally and it helps. I'm going to have him try the salt water gargle next time.

C

cathycat

C

cathycat

C

cathycat

rubyroselee

I got a lot of sore throats and hoarseness. When I first started Tobi many many years ago I used to get the sore throat/hoarseness from taking that. I found a cure for that which was to gargle 1 part Maalox with 1 part Benadryl. I know it sounds weird but it worked wonders! Since I switched to the eFlow tobramycin, I haven't run into that problem, but I do still occasionally get sore throats and hoarseness. I've actually had it now for about 2 weeks that won't go away. I've been sucking on lozenges and all sorts of stuff with no help. I do not have a cough so I know it's not a sickness or flare up. I also think it could be due to GERD, which I've been having lots of problems with that lately. Those would be my two guesses as to why CFers get sore throats: medications or GERD.

rubyroselee

I got a lot of sore throats and hoarseness. When I first started Tobi many many years ago I used to get the sore throat/hoarseness from taking that. I found a cure for that which was to gargle 1 part Maalox with 1 part Benadryl. I know it sounds weird but it worked wonders! Since I switched to the eFlow tobramycin, I haven't run into that problem, but I do still occasionally get sore throats and hoarseness. I've actually had it now for about 2 weeks that won't go away. I've been sucking on lozenges and all sorts of stuff with no help. I do not have a cough so I know it's not a sickness or flare up. I also think it could be due to GERD, which I've been having lots of problems with that lately. Those would be my two guesses as to why CFers get sore throats: medications or GERD.

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>welshwitch</b></i>
For the past 2 or 3 years, I have been getting sore throats a LOT.

I'm not on antibiotics or anything and have been really aggressive with my sinus issues.
</end quote></div>

It's possible that treating your sinus issues aggressively has encouraged germs to migrate into the throat nearby in order to survive. I have had that happen on occasion. When it happens, my policy is to treat my throat, nose, mouth and ears all fairly equally aggressively because they are all interconnected. That way, whatever I am trying to kill can't easily slither off into some other nook or cranny that I missed.

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>welshwitch</b></i>

I'm not on antibiotics or anything and have been really aggressive with my sinus issues.
</end quote></div>

It's possible that treating your sinus issues aggressively has encouraged germs to migrate into the throat nearby in order to survive. I have had that happen on occasion. When it happens, my policy is to treat my throat, nose, mouth and ears all fairly equally aggressively because they are all interconnected. That way, whatever I am trying to kill can't easily slither off into some other nook or cranny that I missed.

MicheleGazelle

</end quote></div>

MicheleGazelle

</end quote>

MicheleGazelle

<br />For the past 2 or 3 years, I have been getting sore throats a LOT.
<br />
<br />I'm not on antibiotics or anything and have been really aggressive with my sinus issues.
<br /></end quote>
<br />
<br />It's possible that treating your sinus issues aggressively has encouraged germs to migrate into the throat nearby in order to survive. I have had that happen on occasion. When it happens, my policy is to treat my throat, nose, mouth and ears all fairly equally aggressively because they are all interconnected. That way, whatever I am trying to kill can't easily slither off into some other nook or cranny that I missed.