spirometry

D

Deb

Interesting question. When we adults were included in the pediatric clinic I always stood. Then we finally got an adult clinic and I think that is when they had us sit. I think I will ask if I can stand next time. I think I would do better. Although like someone else mentioned I exhale so hard that I get a sharp pain in the back of my neck and they are always afraid I am going to pass out.

cf4life

I don't see why it matters as long as you are consistent each time you do them. They may have a policy so that they just know that you are doing them the same way each time.

Even if you can do better standing vs sitting, it does not really matter. Best to do it whatever way you can have the most consistent form and effort so that you have a good comparison to prior numbers. Also, definitely agree with scheduling appt same time of day each time.

cf4life

I don't see why it matters as long as you are consistent each time you do them. They may have a policy so that they just know that you are doing them the same way each time.

Even if you can do better standing vs sitting, it does not really matter. Best to do it whatever way you can have the most consistent form and effort so that you have a good comparison to prior numbers. Also, definitely agree with scheduling appt same time of day each time.