Sponges?

mom4holly

i also use dish cloths & change after every wash...they are all put in a basket after they are used & we wash them in hot water.

mom4holly

i also use dish cloths & change after every wash...they are all put in a basket after they are used & we wash them in hot water.

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

janddburke

I use sponges. put them in the dishwasher with each load.
once a week in the microwave. but don't tend to keep them more than 2 weeks. then the old kitchen sponges go to the bucket for 'cleaning'.
I also soak Jess's nebs and stuff in bleach (50:1 ratio with water) once a week. when I'm done soaking the nebs I use the bleach mixture to clean my counters, sink and sponges (even the ones used for cleaning)
perhaps a little overboard, but it works for us.

janddburke

once a week in the microwave. but don't tend to keep them more than 2 weeks. then the old kitchen sponges go to the bucket for 'cleaning'.
I also soak Jess's nebs and stuff in bleach (50:1 ratio with water) once a week. when I'm done soaking the nebs I use the bleach mixture to clean my counters, sink and sponges (even the ones used for cleaning)

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />once a week in the microwave. but don't tend to keep them more than 2 weeks. then the old kitchen sponges go to the bucket for 'cleaning'.
<br />I also soak Jess's nebs and stuff in bleach (50:1 ratio with water) once a week. when I'm done soaking the nebs I use the bleach mixture to clean my counters, sink and sponges (even the ones used for cleaning)
<br />perhaps a little overboard, but it works for us.

pjspiegle

Sponges really do have a bad rep for being germ magnets! I, like others, use dishrags that get changed every day. I wash them in the washing machine with bleach as well. The thing about dish rags is that they do dry faster and easier but if they are not changed daily, they have the same issues that sponges have.
FYI,if you change a sponge and "lower" its position, you are just changing where you are putting all those germs, ie the bathroom. I do like those sponges that have the scratchy green side for cleaning the stove and floors but I only use them once, wring them out really good, and then wash them in the washer with the other rags and dry them in the dryer.

pjspiegle

Sponges really do have a bad rep for being germ magnets! I, like others, use dishrags that get changed every day. I wash them in the washing machine with bleach as well. The thing about dish rags is that they do dry faster and easier but if they are not changed daily, they have the same issues that sponges have.
FYI,if you change a sponge and "lower" its position, you are just changing where you are putting all those germs, ie the bathroom. I do like those sponges that have the scratchy green side for cleaning the stove and floors but I only use them once, wring them out really good, and then wash them in the washer with the other rags and dry them in the dryer.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

<br />FYI,if you change a sponge and "lower" its position, you are just changing where you are putting all those germs, ie the bathroom. I do like those sponges that have the scratchy green side for cleaning the stove and floors but I only use them once, wring them out really good, and then wash them in the washer with the other rags and dry them in the dryer.

miesl

We use a scotchbrite handy scrubber with the bristles.

Even before J was in the house - I've disliked sponges. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean, they always end up nasty.

miesl

Even before J was in the house - I've disliked sponges. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean, they always end up nasty.

miesl

miesl

miesl

<br />
<br />Even before J was in the house - I've disliked sponges. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean, they always end up nasty.