Spotting after vaginal ultrasound

marisalynn

Hello everyone! I am about 7 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday. Everything on the ultrasound looked great: Implanted high in the uterus, right size, heart was beating at 149 beats/min (YAY!!!). Anyways, when the ultrasound tech advanced the probe a little to look at my ovaries (not quite sure why they have to look at the ovaries), I had a little bit of pain, and after the ultrasound was done, I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was spotting. This continued all day yesterday and even got a little worse. It is down to pretty much nothing this morning, but still a little spotting. I called my OB office and they said it will probably be alright, but to come in if it gets a lot worse and I start cramping, which I never did. I was just wondering if anyone else has had some spotting after a vaginal ultrasound. Thanks so much!

Marisa RN, 23 w/CF

marisalynn

Hello everyone! I am about 7 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday. Everything on the ultrasound looked great: Implanted high in the uterus, right size, heart was beating at 149 beats/min (YAY!!!). Anyways, when the ultrasound tech advanced the probe a little to look at my ovaries (not quite sure why they have to look at the ovaries), I had a little bit of pain, and after the ultrasound was done, I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was spotting. This continued all day yesterday and even got a little worse. It is down to pretty much nothing this morning, but still a little spotting. I called my OB office and they said it will probably be alright, but to come in if it gets a lot worse and I start cramping, which I never did. I was just wondering if anyone else has had some spotting after a vaginal ultrasound. Thanks so much!

Marisa RN, 23 w/CF

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa RN, 23 w/CF

ep1713

I did have a little spotting after both of those ultrasounds with my pregnancy...I wouldn't worry about it especially since it stopped.

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

ep1713

I did have a little spotting after both of those ultrasounds with my pregnancy...I wouldn't worry about it especially since it stopped.

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

ep1713

<br />
<br />Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

kellyga

I also had a couple of days of spotting after an early ultrasound. Pretty normal I think.

Congratulations!

kellyga

I also had a couple of days of spotting after an early ultrasound. Pretty normal I think.

Congratulations!

kellyga

<br />
<br />Congratulations!

rubyroselee

It's very normal to have spotting after that type of ultrasounds. It's because your cervix is very sensitive at this point and any touch or irritation can lead to bleeding. Spotting is normal, heavy bleeding is not.

rubyroselee

It's very normal to have spotting after that type of ultrasounds. It's because your cervix is very sensitive at this point and any touch or irritation can lead to bleeding. Spotting is normal, heavy bleeding is not.

rubyroselee

marisalynn

Thank you so much! I think the bleeding has stopped. I knew that it was possible, but I haven't had any other spotting since my implantation bleeding, so I was getting a little worried. I still haven't had any cramping, so I think I may be out of the woods for now. Thanks again!

Marisa RN, 23/CF

marisalynn

Thank you so much! I think the bleeding has stopped. I knew that it was possible, but I haven't had any other spotting since my implantation bleeding, so I was getting a little worried. I still haven't had any cramping, so I think I may be out of the woods for now. Thanks again!

Marisa RN, 23/CF

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa RN, 23/CF