Spouse just doesnt get it!!!

semnle34

Let me start by saying that I am truly blessed to have found such a wonderful man that accepts me and my CF (NEB) and all the other craziness that comes with it. However sometimes I just dont think he understands how it works. I have included my hubby in all of my medical care including doctors appointments, hospitalizations, Home IV's and surgeries. He is very active and concerned about my care. After resigning from work recently I was able to implement a strict work out and med regiment everyday. I was doing pretty good until I needed stomach surgery in November. Recovery took a little longer than expected. Needless to say I havent been back to the gym since then. Ive also been slacking on my med regiment as well. I started getting sick with my psuedemonas and started taking oral meds to combat it. Well a month later Im still on oral meds and have zero energy and motivation to get back into the initial regiment. My hubby seems to think that its my fault right now that Im sick since Ive been "slacking" with my work out regiment. He feels I have no excuse and should be blaming myself for being sick right now. I just have no motivation and feel so blah recently. I just dont think he understands that no matter how any of us follow everything we need to do we still can get sick. I just wished he understood that and didnt make me feel like Im the one causing myself to get sick. Has anyone else dealt with this kind of static from their family and friends? Im open to suggestions. I know I probably sound like Im whining but I am LOL After 30 years I just want a break and live a semi-normal life. Thanks to all for listening to me go on and on. Just feeling helpless at this point. (PRAYING)

bloggymom

Not from my spouse but from other family members-- Yes!

Until they live your life, feel your exhaustion, feel the discouragement.... they have no clue. The can make all the suggestions in the world and point out all the reasons in the world that you dropped the ball. The reality is this illness catches us off guard and some days all a person can do is breathe and sleep.

I would suggested get as compliant as you can with your treatments (vest, inhaled meds and oral meds). In my mind (a CFer's mind), those things are of the utmost importance. Try to get plenty of sleep and eat healthy. Then if you start to feel better.... start exercising. Even if it means you walk a few feet each day. Add a few more feet each day.

I have found with this illness its one step forward, two steps back but.... we can't give up.

Keep taking your husband with you to clinic.