Sputum production

tesorotiffa

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue! I did read about certain foods causing more mucus production, but interestingly enough I don't really eat dairy products, drink milk, etc. I do like pastas and rice though. I've never noticed any foods or drinks that cause me to have issues, but I've went ahead and put myself on a special diet anyway. I know how you feel about feeling exhausted after a breathing treatment! When I wake up(which is my least favorite part of the day) of course my lungs are ready to get out 8 hours worth of mucus, but after I finish my 30 minute (which sometimes turns into an hour) vest with Duoneb and HS, I'm usually ready for a nap! Plus I've noticed this past week that my hair and face sweat profusely while I'm doing the treatment.

I wish we knew how to combat this! I'm especially perturbed because my entire life I have never been a cougher, even when I was sick. This past year all of my symptoms have changed, and it's really irritating...lol

tesorotiffa

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue! I did read about certain foods causing more mucus production, but interestingly enough I don't really eat dairy products, drink milk, etc. I do like pastas and rice though. I've never noticed any foods or drinks that cause me to have issues, but I've went ahead and put myself on a special diet anyway. I know how you feel about feeling exhausted after a breathing treatment! When I wake up(which is my least favorite part of the day) of course my lungs are ready to get out 8 hours worth of mucus, but after I finish my 30 minute (which sometimes turns into an hour) vest with Duoneb and HS, I'm usually ready for a nap! Plus I've noticed this past week that my hair and face sweat profusely while I'm doing the treatment.

I wish we knew how to combat this! I'm especially perturbed because my entire life I have never been a cougher, even when I was sick. This past year all of my symptoms have changed, and it's really irritating...lol

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />I wish we knew how to combat this! I'm especially perturbed because my entire life I have never been a cougher, even when I was sick. This past year all of my symptoms have changed, and it's really irritating...lol

W

welshwitch

Hi,

how much are you exercising? Is there any way you could do some aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes per day? I ask because I run 30 to 45 minutes per day and this has DRASTICALLY cut down my mucus production. The only time I really cough is in the morning after sleeping all night and that is way less. Throw in a pulmozyme treatment after a long workout and things are great!

My theory is that you need to get up as much of that crap as possible to minimize infection. The longer it's in there, the worse off you'll be and I swear that stuff multiplies if you're not active.

So, how much are you exercising?

W

welshwitch

Hi,

how much are you exercising? Is there any way you could do some aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes per day? I ask because I run 30 to 45 minutes per day and this has DRASTICALLY cut down my mucus production. The only time I really cough is in the morning after sleeping all night and that is way less. Throw in a pulmozyme treatment after a long workout and things are great!

My theory is that you need to get up as much of that crap as possible to minimize infection. The longer it's in there, the worse off you'll be and I swear that stuff multiplies if you're not active.

W

welshwitch

Hi,

W

welshwitch

Hi,

W

welshwitch

Hi,
<br />
<br />how much are you exercising? Is there any way you could do some aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes per day? I ask because I run 30 to 45 minutes per day and this has DRASTICALLY cut down my mucus production. The only time I really cough is in the morning after sleeping all night and that is way less. Throw in a pulmozyme treatment after a long workout and things are great!
<br />
<br />My theory is that you need to get up as much of that crap as possible to minimize infection. The longer it's in there, the worse off you'll be and I swear that stuff multiplies if you're not active.
<br />
<br />So, how much are you exercising?

W

welshwitch

Oh yeah, another thing I noticed is when I even skip one workout day the cough comes back. So I guess I have no choice but to be a fitness addict LOL!

W

welshwitch

Oh yeah, another thing I noticed is when I even skip one workout day the cough comes back. So I guess I have no choice but to be a fitness addict LOL!

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

tesorotiffa

Interesting! I honestly don't exercise much at all. I guess with having been on ivs so much this year, I haven't really wanted to. You bring up something though that I haven't really thought about. I've been trying to motivate myself the past two weeks to get off my rump and go walking or something but alas I never do! Alright, tomorrow I am taking your advice. :)

I don't like to run because I have huge breasts, but walking is considered aerobic eh?

Thanks and I hope I see the same results as you!

tesorotiffa

Interesting! I honestly don't exercise much at all. I guess with having been on ivs so much this year, I haven't really wanted to. You bring up something though that I haven't really thought about. I've been trying to motivate myself the past two weeks to get off my rump and go walking or something but alas I never do! Alright, tomorrow I am taking your advice. :)

I don't like to run because I have huge breasts, but walking is considered aerobic eh?

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />I don't like to run because I have huge breasts, but walking is considered aerobic eh?
<br />
<br />Thanks and I hope I see the same results as you!