SSDI does anyone know Julie Raysbrook? from the dafcf?

musclemania70

I was trying to ask her a few questions about Social Security but she has not replied to my emails for help.
is her foundation still running?

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Muscle, I do know Julie. She assisted me with both my initial application for SSDI (awarded benefits on first try), and when I had to appeal after having my benefits terminated after a review found I had "medically improved". Ha. Anyway, we won the appeal also.

As far as I know she is still up and running. Can I ask what email you used? I do know she switched email addresses not too far back, but I think her emails were being forwarded to the new acct.

I sure hope she is still at it!

Autumn

triples15

Super Moderator
Yes, you can absolutely ask questions! Sorry, I've been on the road, but tonight when I get home to my computer I'll try to cleanup my inbox!

musclemania70

Can you pm me when your box is avail.? Do you know if the email i listed is still the correct one for her ?
do you know if she has another personal email?
did you hire an attorney to represent you?

i sent in my appeal but need advice for doing the hearing.
What advice did she give you?

triples15

Super Moderator
Hey Muscle, sorry for the delay. I have deleted about 20 private messages and it still won't let me send or receive PMs. I've gotta figure out what's going on....

That is the email I used to initially contact her, however, she does have a personal email that I correspond with her through now. I will email her and make sure she is ok with me giving it out, and ask if she is still taking on new cases.

I did not use an attorney. Julie basically acts as an attorney and handles everything an attorney would handle. If I would have had to go to a hearing when we appealed my cessation of benefits Julie would have appeared with me over the phone and done the majority of the talking.

One of the main things she told me was APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL. Do not drop your appeal if they come back with a no. She said that she has never lost a case that went before a judge. Also, in regards to medical evidence, don't overwhelm them with it. Only give them the evidence that is pertinent to you meeting the impairment listing for CF. So things like, hospital stays, IVs antibiotic use, nebulized antibiotic use, sputum cultures, and FEV1 info, if you meet that criteria etc... Julie creates a spreadsheet showing all of these, and the dates you had them etc. to show that you meet it, and they can't argue that you don't. So really familiarize yourself with the impairment listing if you haven't already, and really focus on showing them how you meet it.

K

kgfrompa

I received a letter from SSI and they want to review my case,This has never happened to me before The Appointment is on the 19th of this month any other advice i should know I would be so grateful to know I have a port in but my FEV can go to 80 when feeling well Thank so much for any help out there as not being able to get my meds would make me so sick

musclemania70

Did you check with julie to find out why she is not responding to her webdite email contact info?
I am really desperate for HELP!

triples15

Super Moderator
Did you check with julie to find out why she is not responding to her webdite email contact info?
I am really desperate for HELP!

Yes, I did hear back from her. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I know how nervous/stressed you are!

She said to try her again at services@dafcf.org, she doesn't recall getting any recent inquiries, so maybe something went wrong. She did say however, that funding is a huge issue so she is having to heavily screen her cases and decide which ones to take on. I still think she would let you know either way!

Good luck and keep me posted!

Autumn

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Kg,

So sorry to hear that you are under a review. :( My heart honestly sank when I got that letter in the mail. What is your appointment on the 19th for? With my review I just had to fill out a ton of paperwork (almost the same as the initial application), and have my med records for the last year sent. I never had an appointment of any kind, so I'm curious.

I did get "kicked off" at my review because they determined I had "medically improved". I believe the main reason was that the year I initially applied I had been in the hospital 3 times. The year I was reviewed I had not had any hospitalizations, but still had done home IVs and nebulized antibiotics. I still met the qualifications, but I guess they glanced and said "she's better". Ha! Even tho my lung function was the same, still having exacerbations etc. And the funny thing is, if my health has improved a TINY bit, it's BECAUSE of not working. If I went back to work I'd immediately start getting sick all the time again. Ugh. Anyway, we appealed that and won. So I never actually missed a check or anything. :)

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with!

Autumn

K

kgfrompa

My heart sank also I can not work I am on IVS at home at least 3 times a year and why i have a interview on the phone is new to me I always filled out paper work and sent it in not sure why they want to do this on the phone but It scares me as i will be homeless with out SSI . Well Wed is coming soon and i just have to walk though my fear anyone else out there with this phone call interview please i would love to hear from you thank you

musclemania70

Autumn, thank you for your persistance in helping me get ahold of Julie. I emailed again at the address you gave me so hopefully she can give me just a moment of her time.

triples15

Super Moderator
Muscle, you're very welcome! I also hope you get a response!

KG, How did your phone interview (or whatever it ended up being) go?

Autumn