St. Joseph CF Center Mishawaka

mom2lillian

At a minimum I am thinking a consult with another clinic is in order, for multiple reasons. This is farther from wrok but closer to home.

Anyone go here or know the reps?

Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center (PEDIATRIC AND ADULT)
South Bend, IN 46617
Appointments: (574) 239-6126
Director(s): James B. Harris, III, M.D

mom2lillian

At a minimum I am thinking a consult with another clinic is in order, for multiple reasons. This is farther from wrok but closer to home.

South Bend, IN 46617

mom2lillian

South Bend, IN 46617

mom2lillian

South Bend, IN 46617

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />Anyone go here or know the reps?
<br />
<br />Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center (PEDIATRIC AND ADULT)
<br />South Bend, IN 46617
<br />Appointments: (574) 239-6126
<br />Director(s): James B. Harris, III, M.D

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

I am a patient with them. I left my cf center in chicago due to distance.You will find they have a great nurse practitioner but the ratings with the center are far from average. Please go to the cystic fibrosis main website where you can look up ratings. At an adult clinic the normal pft range is like 62 percent and their average is 50%. I have decided to use them as a secondary resource but fly out to Univ, of Minneosta for my major care. I love it there at univ. of Minn and really feel like my care is so different there. They spend 90 min with each patient each time going from each part of your body and each symptom (that is the doctor) where at St. Joseph you are lucky to get like 5 min with a doctor. they are really nice people but I just feel like my care there isn't the best. I am only being truthful and feel I wanted to be honest. I also know that they are not really up to date with studies as I found myself educating them about my experience with aztreonam study. They do not participate in clinical trials. You will not have student docs bugging you which is a good thing though! and the food there is great if you are hospitalized. They have a new hospital there and I havent been there yet as they just opened the new one. Please do your research and really think about transitioning there!

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

I am a patient with them. I left my cf center in chicago due to distance.You will find they have a great nurse practitioner but the ratings with the center are far from average. Please go to the cystic fibrosis main website where you can look up ratings. At an adult clinic the normal pft range is like 62 percent and their average is 50%. I have decided to use them as a secondary resource but fly out to Univ, of Minneosta for my major care. I love it there at univ. of Minn and really feel like my care is so different there. They spend 90 min with each patient each time going from each part of your body and each symptom (that is the doctor) where at St. Joseph you are lucky to get like 5 min with a doctor. they are really nice people but I just feel like my care there isn't the best. I am only being truthful and feel I wanted to be honest. I also know that they are not really up to date with studies as I found myself educating them about my experience with aztreonam study. They do not participate in clinical trials. You will not have student docs bugging you which is a good thing though! and the food there is great if you are hospitalized. They have a new hospital there and I havent been there yet as they just opened the new one. Please do your research and really think about transitioning there!

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

hopeforever5583

Nicole,
<br />
<br />I am a patient with them. I left my cf center in chicago due to distance.You will find they have a great nurse practitioner but the ratings with the center are far from average. Please go to the cystic fibrosis main website where you can look up ratings. At an adult clinic the normal pft range is like 62 percent and their average is 50%. I have decided to use them as a secondary resource but fly out to Univ, of Minneosta for my major care. I love it there at univ. of Minn and really feel like my care is so different there. They spend 90 min with each patient each time going from each part of your body and each symptom (that is the doctor) where at St. Joseph you are lucky to get like 5 min with a doctor. they are really nice people but I just feel like my care there isn't the best. I am only being truthful and feel I wanted to be honest. I also know that they are not really up to date with studies as I found myself educating them about my experience with aztreonam study. They do not participate in clinical trials. You will not have student docs bugging you which is a good thing though! and the food there is great if you are hospitalized. They have a new hospital there and I havent been there yet as they just opened the new one. Please do your research and really think about transitioning there!

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

hopeforever5583

Nicole,

hopeforever5583

Nicole,
<br />
<br />I am a patient with them. I left my cf center in chicago due to distance.You will find they have a great nurse practitioner but the ratings with the center are far from average. Please go to the cystic fibrosis main website where you can look up ratings. At an adult clinic the normal pft range is like 62 percent and their average is 50%. I have decided to use them as a secondary resource but fly out to Univ, of Minneosta for my major care. I love it there at univ. of Minn and really feel like my care is so different there. They spend 90 min with each patient each time going from each part of your body and each symptom (that is the doctor) where at St. Joseph you are lucky to get like 5 min with a doctor. they are really nice people but I just feel like my care there isn't the best. I am only being truthful and feel I wanted to be honest. I also know that they are not really up to date with studies as I found myself educating them about my experience with aztreonam study. They do not participate in clinical trials. You will not have student docs bugging you which is a good thing though! and the food there is great if you are hospitalized. They have a new hospital there and I havent been there yet as they just opened the new one. Please do your research and really think about transitioning there!

mom2lillian

thank you for the feedback. 2 years ago I was at a clinic in MI with 2 doctors, small clinic, you could always get in, on call were always the same two who knew you, nurse was fantastic--everything was always followed up on etc.

I switched to a new clinic because my doctors were having a hard time treating some issues I was coming up with so 2nd opinion turned into me leaving.....and a good thing since they ahve know lost adult accredidation and I would have had to leave anyway.

My new clinic is much larger they have clinic 2 times per month, february however is just once which is a bunch of BS since htey just took on 1/2 the new patients from my old clinic they are way busy and you cant even get in. They are horrible disjointed in the way the clinic is run and I cant stand the nurse but the doctors themselves are fab---when you see them. I dont think they 'see' the clinic running and know what we are experiencing---though trust me they will.

Anyway so I am not looking to go into the same situation I am or was already in. I really appreciate the advice. I had not looked up their stats yet.

mom2lillian

thank you for the feedback. 2 years ago I was at a clinic in MI with 2 doctors, small clinic, you could always get in, on call were always the same two who knew you, nurse was fantastic--everything was always followed up on etc.

I switched to a new clinic because my doctors were having a hard time treating some issues I was coming up with so 2nd opinion turned into me leaving.....and a good thing since they ahve know lost adult accredidation and I would have had to leave anyway.

My new clinic is much larger they have clinic 2 times per month, february however is just once which is a bunch of BS since htey just took on 1/2 the new patients from my old clinic they are way busy and you cant even get in. They are horrible disjointed in the way the clinic is run and I cant stand the nurse but the doctors themselves are fab---when you see them. I dont think they 'see' the clinic running and know what we are experiencing---though trust me they will.

Anyway so I am not looking to go into the same situation I am or was already in. I really appreciate the advice. I had not looked up their stats yet.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />I switched to a new clinic because my doctors were having a hard time treating some issues I was coming up with so 2nd opinion turned into me leaving.....and a good thing since they ahve know lost adult accredidation and I would have had to leave anyway.
<br />
<br />My new clinic is much larger they have clinic 2 times per month, february however is just once which is a bunch of BS since htey just took on 1/2 the new patients from my old clinic they are way busy and you cant even get in. They are horrible disjointed in the way the clinic is run and I cant stand the nurse but the doctors themselves are fab---when you see them. I dont think they 'see' the clinic running and know what we are experiencing---though trust me they will.
<br />
<br />Anyway so I am not looking to go into the same situation I am or was already in. I really appreciate the advice. I had not looked up their stats yet.