Stage IV Endometriosis

rnjessica

To my surprise while going through pre-screening testing with the RE they found a large endometrioma on my right ovary. I saw the doctor yesterday and he said that because it is IN my ovary and large that it is automatically classified as stage IV.

I'm so confused as my tubes, uterus, and left ovary are perfectly normal. Really stage IV!? They said IUI's probably won't even be worth it.

Anyone else had this? I would REALLY appreciate some help/feedback.

rnjessica

To my surprise while going through pre-screening testing with the RE they found a large endometrioma on my right ovary. I saw the doctor yesterday and he said that because it is IN my ovary and large that it is automatically classified as stage IV.

I'm so confused as my tubes, uterus, and left ovary are perfectly normal. Really stage IV!? They said IUI's probably won't even be worth it.

Anyone else had this? I would REALLY appreciate some help/feedback.

rnjessica

<br />
<br />I'm so confused as my tubes, uterus, and left ovary are perfectly normal. Really stage IV!? They said IUI's probably won't even be worth it.
<br />
<br />Anyone else had this? I would REALLY appreciate some help/feedback.

rubyroselee

WHAT?!? I thought everything looked ok when you had your HSG? I'm so confused! So now they think you can't get pregnant, even with IUI? But what about your good side - can't they just do the IUI when that side makes an egg? Wow Jess, I'm sorry to hear this. I don't really know what this means though.

rubyroselee

WHAT?!? I thought everything looked ok when you had your HSG? I'm so confused! So now they think you can't get pregnant, even with IUI? But what about your good side - can't they just do the IUI when that side makes an egg? Wow Jess, I'm sorry to hear this. I don't really know what this means though.

rubyroselee

rnjessica

I'm so confused too Leah :/ The HSG was 100% normal..they found the cyst (endometrioma) on the ultrasound. I got pregnant last year on my own, so that's why I'm baffled with this one. And the doctor infact said we shouldn't even bother with IUI's!?

I had the same thoughts too of well there is a good ovary, why can't we utilize that? So confused right now...

rnjessica

I'm so confused too Leah :/ The HSG was 100% normal..they found the cyst (endometrioma) on the ultrasound. I got pregnant last year on my own, so that's why I'm baffled with this one. And the doctor infact said we shouldn't even bother with IUI's!?

I had the same thoughts too of well there is a good ovary, why can't we utilize that? So confused right now...

rnjessica

<br />
<br />I had the same thoughts too of well there is a good ovary, why can't we utilize that? So confused right now...

ep1713

Hi Jess,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I am also confused though and don't get why you can't do IUIs when you ovulate from your good side. I could have sworn I'd read about other people on various blogs that have done that before. I would ask your doctor why they say it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe they just figure it could take longer than normal because you'd have to sit some cycles out? IUIs are so much cheaper than IVF that I still think it would be worth trying (unless you have insurance coverage for IVF). They should easily be able to tell if you are going to ovulate from your good side with an ultrasound...

Keep us posted. I'll keep you in my prayers that something works out for you (and soon)!

ep1713

Hi Jess,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I am also confused though and don't get why you can't do IUIs when you ovulate from your good side. I could have sworn I'd read about other people on various blogs that have done that before. I would ask your doctor why they say it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe they just figure it could take longer than normal because you'd have to sit some cycles out? IUIs are so much cheaper than IVF that I still think it would be worth trying (unless you have insurance coverage for IVF). They should easily be able to tell if you are going to ovulate from your good side with an ultrasound...

Keep us posted. I'll keep you in my prayers that something works out for you (and soon)!

ep1713

Hi Jess,
<br />
<br />I'm so sorry to hear this! I am also confused though and don't get why you can't do IUIs when you ovulate from your good side. I could have sworn I'd read about other people on various blogs that have done that before. I would ask your doctor why they say it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe they just figure it could take longer than normal because you'd have to sit some cycles out? IUIs are so much cheaper than IVF that I still think it would be worth trying (unless you have insurance coverage for IVF). They should easily be able to tell if you are going to ovulate from your good side with an ultrasound...
<br />
<br />Keep us posted. I'll keep you in my prayers that something works out for you (and soon)!