Staph aureus on throat culture -- no treatment

crickit715

my daughter cultures staph aureus almost all of the time....unless it is a "heavy staph" and she is coughing, our doc at johns hopkins usually doesnt treat it. like it was mentioned about, staph is thought to keep pseudomonas at bay and is considered the "lesser of the two evils". i think it is almost impossible not to eventually culture staph aureus as a cf'er.

crickit715

my daughter cultures staph aureus almost all of the time....unless it is a "heavy staph" and she is coughing, our doc at johns hopkins usually doesnt treat it. like it was mentioned about, staph is thought to keep pseudomonas at bay and is considered the "lesser of the two evils". i think it is almost impossible not to eventually culture staph aureus as a cf'er.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

Kimber1

My daughter also just cultured staph but has had a cough for the whole 12months of her life. She was put on antibiotics with a repeat test in 8 weeks and if cultures again has to go on long term antibiotics. I have also read a few articles on Staph and some countries believe it is as severe as psuedomonas and is treated the same because it causes tissue damage. I myself dont know what is the best treatment just think it maybe worth researching a little further. Hope your daughter stays sympton free : )

Kimber1

My daughter also just cultured staph but has had a cough for the whole 12months of her life. She was put on antibiotics with a repeat test in 8 weeks and if cultures again has to go on long term antibiotics. I have also read a few articles on Staph and some countries believe it is as severe as psuedomonas and is treated the same because it causes tissue damage. I myself dont know what is the best treatment just think it maybe worth researching a little further. Hope your daughter stays sympton free : )

Kimber1

Kimber1

Kimber1