Staph infection question

jenhum

I have a friend who recently got a breast reduction and found out a few days ago that she has a staph infection at her stitches. I am having a small party here on Sunday evening and I'm wondering if I should be worried about this at all. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but I certainly don't want to put myself in a position where I could get a staph infection as well.

Does anyone know anything about these? I know there are different kinds and I'm not sure that what she has could affect me. But everything I read says that people with chronic illnesses or weakened immune systems catch this infection very easily.

Thanks for your advice!

jenhum

I have a friend who recently got a breast reduction and found out a few days ago that she has a staph infection at her stitches. I am having a small party here on Sunday evening and I'm wondering if I should be worried about this at all. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but I certainly don't want to put myself in a position where I could get a staph infection as well.

Does anyone know anything about these? I know there are different kinds and I'm not sure that what she has could affect me. But everything I read says that people with chronic illnesses or weakened immune systems catch this infection very easily.

Thanks for your advice!

jenhum

Thanks for your advice!

jenhum

Thanks for your advice!

jenhum

Thanks for your advice!

Jem

Wish I had the answer for you but maybe you could call the doctor on call at your cf clinic and he/she could give you the answer you need for peace of mind. I hope you are able to enjoy the party.

Jem

Wish I had the answer for you but maybe you could call the doctor on call at your cf clinic and he/she could give you the answer you need for peace of mind. I hope you are able to enjoy the party.

Jem

Jem

Jem

Landy

I would suggest calling the doctor too.
I would venture to guess that if she hadn't been touching it and it is covered by bandages and/or clothing, then you should be OK?
If you do call the doctor, please let us know what he/she said..I'd be curious to know for sure.

Landy

I would venture to guess that if she hadn't been touching it and it is covered by bandages and/or clothing, then you should be OK?
If you do call the doctor, please let us know what he/she said..I'd be curious to know for sure.

Landy

Landy

Landy

lightNlife

You'll more than likely be fine. Just don't share a beverage or utensils with her. The type of staph she has isn't likely to be the airborne type but the contact associated kind. Don't stress yourself out about it.

lightNlife

You'll more than likely be fine. Just don't share a beverage or utensils with her. The type of staph she has isn't likely to be the airborne type but the contact associated kind. Don't stress yourself out about it.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife