Staph skin infection how it affects CF'ers

AbbysMama

In my experience as a teacher, A LOT MORE happens in the school setting with infectious diseases than even the faculaty/staff is told. We had an outbreak of TB at my school three years ago and it was handled by only notifiying the teachers and students who had classes with the infected students.

I'm not saying that all school custodial staffs are sorry, but it is clear that in many cases they only do what they have to do to get their paychecks. After the TB outbreak the custodial staff didn't take the time to wipe down commonly handled items like door "knobs", desks, etc. Even though I wasn't directly affected (I had two teacher friends that were), I bought lots of lysol and clorox wipes.

We had several announcements last week by our principal encouraging students to wash hands and to wipe off execise equipement, etc. if they sweated all over it. I have massive amounts of freshmen jocks in my class. They are GROSS and sweaty and I have to handle their papers. YUCK! With the national coverage of the MRSA/Staph infections at the high school level, I want to take a shower before I pick up my CF'er from daycare.

I would have to sum this rambling up to say that you would be surprised what happens at your child's school that parents never know about. I would do whatever is necessary to ensure LEGALLY that there is communication about infectious diseases with you if they directly affect your CF'er. I'm a firm believer in the 504. Do what you need to do.

Em

AbbysMama

In my experience as a teacher, A LOT MORE happens in the school setting with infectious diseases than even the faculaty/staff is told. We had an outbreak of TB at my school three years ago and it was handled by only notifiying the teachers and students who had classes with the infected students.

I'm not saying that all school custodial staffs are sorry, but it is clear that in many cases they only do what they have to do to get their paychecks. After the TB outbreak the custodial staff didn't take the time to wipe down commonly handled items like door "knobs", desks, etc. Even though I wasn't directly affected (I had two teacher friends that were), I bought lots of lysol and clorox wipes.

We had several announcements last week by our principal encouraging students to wash hands and to wipe off execise equipement, etc. if they sweated all over it. I have massive amounts of freshmen jocks in my class. They are GROSS and sweaty and I have to handle their papers. YUCK! With the national coverage of the MRSA/Staph infections at the high school level, I want to take a shower before I pick up my CF'er from daycare.

I would have to sum this rambling up to say that you would be surprised what happens at your child's school that parents never know about. I would do whatever is necessary to ensure LEGALLY that there is communication about infectious diseases with you if they directly affect your CF'er. I'm a firm believer in the 504. Do what you need to do.

Em

AbbysMama

Em

AbbysMama

Em

AbbysMama

Em

fourkidsmom

Wow- this is all scary, just tonight in our local paper here in Ohio a high schooler has a case of MRSA. Makes you wonder what is going on....

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Wow- this is all scary, just tonight in our local paper here in Ohio a high schooler has a case of MRSA. Makes you wonder what is going on....

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom