Started antidepressants

thefrogprincess

I saw my doc today about antidepressants. She agrees that I should get some benefit from going on one. She wrote me a scrip for a generic version of prozac. I went and filled it right away. Just knowing that I'm being pro-active in this makes me feel more optimistic.

The down side is that I took the first dose right before I started work and about an hour and a half later I got so light headed I almost passed out. I ended up having to sit on a stool for the rest of the day so I wouldn't fall over. I felt fine as long as I was sitting or leaning on the counter. If I didn't have anything to lean or sit on I got dizzy again, but not as bad as the first time. I called the doctor's office and she said its just one of those things that you don't know how you'll react to it until you try it. She said to take it at night until I get used to it.

thefrogprincess

I saw my doc today about antidepressants. She agrees that I should get some benefit from going on one. She wrote me a scrip for a generic version of prozac. I went and filled it right away. Just knowing that I'm being pro-active in this makes me feel more optimistic.

The down side is that I took the first dose right before I started work and about an hour and a half later I got so light headed I almost passed out. I ended up having to sit on a stool for the rest of the day so I wouldn't fall over. I felt fine as long as I was sitting or leaning on the counter. If I didn't have anything to lean or sit on I got dizzy again, but not as bad as the first time. I called the doctor's office and she said its just one of those things that you don't know how you'll react to it until you try it. She said to take it at night until I get used to it.

thefrogprincess

Debi

It may take a few days to adjust. I hope it works for you. When the meds work, it is truly such a relief. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Debi

Debi

It may take a few days to adjust. I hope it works for you. When the meds work, it is truly such a relief. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Debi

Debi

Debi

catboogie

i have noticed early on side-effects with most of the antidepressants i've been on. the symptoms did usually enventually go away (like 2-3 weeks.) but also, if you feel like you're having a hard time, don't hesitate to switch to another one. there are so many out there and that is what people do: they switch around to find one that is a good fit. also, you might think about lowering your dose. i take a very low dose now...not sure it does as much good as it could, but it also seems to be a good fit for me right now.

good luck!

catboogie

i have noticed early on side-effects with most of the antidepressants i've been on. the symptoms did usually enventually go away (like 2-3 weeks.) but also, if you feel like you're having a hard time, don't hesitate to switch to another one. there are so many out there and that is what people do: they switch around to find one that is a good fit. also, you might think about lowering your dose. i take a very low dose now...not sure it does as much good as it could, but it also seems to be a good fit for me right now.

good luck!

catboogie

good luck!

Allie

Good for you! And like Laura said, don't be afraid to change it up, everyone has one that works best for them.

Allie

Good for you! And like Laura said, don't be afraid to change it up, everyone has one that works best for them.

Allie

Scarlett81

I just wanted to say I think its awesome that you are taking charge of your own life and fighting depression. I have been fighting it for a long time now. It's so hard, but so worth it when you see results. You will see progress I'm sure, even if it takes time to feel comfortable on your meds.
I'm proud of you!

Scarlett81

I just wanted to say I think its awesome that you are taking charge of your own life and fighting depression. I have been fighting it for a long time now. It's so hard, but so worth it when you see results. You will see progress I'm sure, even if it takes time to feel comfortable on your meds.
I'm proud of you!

Scarlett81

I'm proud of you!

JBUCCA

i have been fighing depression and panic attacks for years and tried almost every antidepresant there is , lexapro works for me! its no joke i know how you feel, you might have to change it to feel the one thats makes you feel best..

JBUCCA

i have been fighing depression and panic attacks for years and tried almost every antidepresant there is , lexapro works for me! its no joke i know how you feel, you might have to change it to feel the one thats makes you feel best..

JBUCCA

thefrogprincess

Thanks for all the support! I knew you guys would be behind me, that's why I come here! I still feel a little bit off, but haven't come close to passing out again. I really hope this works, I know it will take time and that I might need to switch meds, but I'm optomistic.

thefrogprincess

Thanks for all the support! I knew you guys would be behind me, that's why I come here! I still feel a little bit off, but haven't come close to passing out again. I really hope this works, I know it will take time and that I might need to switch meds, but I'm optomistic.