Starting Oxygen at Night

cf4life

Yup oxygen sure is drying to your nose, but I would not use the irrigation on your concentrator. Get a good nasal saline gel and use it a couple times a day.

cf4life

Yup oxygen sure is drying to your nose, but I would not use the irrigation on your concentrator. Get a good nasal saline gel and use it a couple times a day.

W

windex125

I've been using o2 for abt 5-6yrs now and it's great. The concentrator was too loud for me so I put it behind the couch in the LR and my husband made a hole in the molding and we ran the tubing through to the bedroom lucky that LR/Bedroom are side by side, with a dividing wall. I do not use the water as I was worried abt bacteria, but I know alot of us do use the water. My nose is very dry and I spray Ayr on a regualr basis or they have gel which I use with a Q-tip. My only complaint is I sleep on my side and the cannulas makes wahat I call a Zorro mark across my cheek and well it does not go away all day. But at my age, I don't much care abt that. I read one of the other posts that there is padding to buy never knew that. I will look into it for sure. Don't be scare it will only help you, I also use Ambien occassionally. I've had terrible insommonia for years, have watched many suns come up not good...Pat -57/CF

W

windex125

I've been using o2 for abt 5-6yrs now and it's great. The concentrator was too loud for me so I put it behind the couch in the LR and my husband made a hole in the molding and we ran the tubing through to the bedroom lucky that LR/Bedroom are side by side, with a dividing wall. I do not use the water as I was worried abt bacteria, but I know alot of us do use the water. My nose is very dry and I spray Ayr on a regualr basis or they have gel which I use with a Q-tip. My only complaint is I sleep on my side and the cannulas makes wahat I call a Zorro mark across my cheek and well it does not go away all day. But at my age, I don't much care abt that. I read one of the other posts that there is padding to buy never knew that. I will look into it for sure. Don't be scare it will only help you, I also use Ambien occassionally. I've had terrible insommonia for years, have watched many suns come up not good...Pat -57/CF