Starting preschool/school

kellyga

My daughter is also 3.5 years old. We started her in a half day, two days a week school last year. She loved it!That made it a little easier for me to try and let go of my worries and let her out of her "bubble", if only a little.
<br />
<br />We gave the teacher a simplified explanation of what CF is and that colds and coughs are a little harder on her body. We asked that she wash hands more often and use hand sanitizer. The teachers also made sure that if they noticed any kids with runny noses or coughs that my daughter sat away from them. She did pretty well last year. Only one real cold and one stomach virus (which was worse because of the not-eating-thing), but she did end up struggling with ear infections and eventually got tubes. She has been fine since.
<br />
<br />This year, she is going 3 days a week, and I am not looking forward to the winter, but I know we will manage. She is so happy at school, and that is what I have to focus on.

K

Keepercjr

I think good open communication with the preschool teachers is key here. Good luck! My baby (no cf) started preschool last week. And my son (no cf) started 1st grade.... And they were BOTH sick Mon and Tues. Thankfully so far I have not come down with anything. I had a really tough winter for some reason last year. I was sick literally every 2 weeks and they all went to my chest. Usually I only get a few colds a year and they remain just that - colds.

K

Keepercjr

I think good open communication with the preschool teachers is key here. Good luck! My baby (no cf) started preschool last week. And my son (no cf) started 1st grade.... And they were BOTH sick Mon and Tues. Thankfully so far I have not come down with anything. I had a really tough winter for some reason last year. I was sick literally every 2 weeks and they all went to my chest. Usually I only get a few colds a year and they remain just that - colds.

K

Keepercjr