state health insurances????

Lance2020x

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ctalbott0609</b></i>

I take a lot of offense to that. We aren't poor. We qualify because of Paige.</end quote></div>

Yes but... for those of us over 18 on our own, (at least here in TN) you basically have to be either a crack addicted single mother or illegal alien to get on the program. I was 'poor poor', but still was kicked off, because I "Don't NEED it, just have a terminal illness, that's all." :p

To answer the original question;
I think MOST states have some kind of special help program. Tennessee (where I'm currently located) has a little known program called "Children's Special Services". It's a program for terminally ill children, but CF is the ONE condition that remains covered after you turn 18, which is good, because as I said above it's pretty much impossible to get on TN's Medicaid (TennCare).
CSS is... like a three ring circus, no county knows what the other county is doing, you have to go through a lot of red tape to get ON the program, and then when you're ON it, they make you apply for insurance programs (they made me apply for CoverTN) that you DON'T want to be on, so it's free until then.
On a side note, CSS ONLY covers the condition you have, so ONLY CF related expenses (that's why, now that they made me get on CoverTN it's frustrating because CoverTN doesn't seem to cover any of the stuff I would LIKE covered if I'm going to pay for insurance every month [like dental, eye exams, etc]). However, between CoverTN and CSS all my CF expenses are paid for (with a lot of paperwork on my end) so I guess I can't complain.

But yeah, most states should have something like that, California has GHPP, Tennessee has CSS. It can be rough for those of us in our 20's on our own to find state healthcare.

Lance2020x

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ctalbott0609</b></i>

I take a lot of offense to that. We aren't poor. We qualify because of Paige.</end quote></div>

Yes but... for those of us over 18 on our own, (at least here in TN) you basically have to be either a crack addicted single mother or illegal alien to get on the program. I was 'poor poor', but still was kicked off, because I "Don't NEED it, just have a terminal illness, that's all." :p

I think MOST states have some kind of special help program. Tennessee (where I'm currently located) has a little known program called "Children's Special Services". It's a program for terminally ill children, but CF is the ONE condition that remains covered after you turn 18, which is good, because as I said above it's pretty much impossible to get on TN's Medicaid (TennCare).
CSS is... like a three ring circus, no county knows what the other county is doing, you have to go through a lot of red tape to get ON the program, and then when you're ON it, they make you apply for insurance programs (they made me apply for CoverTN) that you DON'T want to be on, so it's free until then.
On a side note, CSS ONLY covers the condition you have, so ONLY CF related expenses (that's why, now that they made me get on CoverTN it's frustrating because CoverTN doesn't seem to cover any of the stuff I would LIKE covered if I'm going to pay for insurance every month [like dental, eye exams, etc]). However, between CoverTN and CSS all my CF expenses are paid for (with a lot of paperwork on my end) so I guess I can't complain.

But yeah, most states should have something like that, California has GHPP, Tennessee has CSS. It can be rough for those of us in our 20's on our own to find state healthcare.

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

I take a lot of offense to that. We aren't poor. We qualify because of Paige.</end quote>

Lance2020x

<br />
<br />I take a lot of offense to that. We aren't poor. We qualify because of Paige.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Yes but... for those of us over 18 on our own, (at least here in TN) you basically have to be either a crack addicted single mother or illegal alien to get on the program. I was 'poor poor', but still was kicked off, because I "Don't NEED it, just have a terminal illness, that's all." :p
<br />
<br />
<br />To answer the original question;
<br />I think MOST states have some kind of special help program. Tennessee (where I'm currently located) has a little known program called "Children's Special Services". It's a program for terminally ill children, but CF is the ONE condition that remains covered after you turn 18, which is good, because as I said above it's pretty much impossible to get on TN's Medicaid (TennCare).
<br />CSS is... like a three ring circus, no county knows what the other county is doing, you have to go through a lot of red tape to get ON the program, and then when you're ON it, they make you apply for insurance programs (they made me apply for CoverTN) that you DON'T want to be on, so it's free until then.
<br />On a side note, CSS ONLY covers the condition you have, so ONLY CF related expenses (that's why, now that they made me get on CoverTN it's frustrating because CoverTN doesn't seem to cover any of the stuff I would LIKE covered if I'm going to pay for insurance every month [like dental, eye exams, etc]). However, between CoverTN and CSS all my CF expenses are paid for (with a lot of paperwork on my end) so I guess I can't complain.
<br />
<br />But yeah, most states should have something like that, California has GHPP, Tennessee has CSS. It can be rough for those of us in our 20's on our own to find state healthcare.

JazzysMom

I see no reason to take offense to the "poor" reference. As a rule.....Medicaid recipients are in the low income bracket referred to as the poor by most.

If someone has Medicaid because of the Disability it often doesnt change the income bracket. The times that it does then they definitely should not be lumped.

Sadly we dont know as a person on the outside....who has it for a disability, who is totally poor & poverty stricken or who is milking the system with the loopholes they found.

JazzysMom

I see no reason to take offense to the "poor" reference. As a rule.....Medicaid recipients are in the low income bracket referred to as the poor by most.

If someone has Medicaid because of the Disability it often doesnt change the income bracket. The times that it does then they definitely should not be lumped.

Sadly we dont know as a person on the outside....who has it for a disability, who is totally poor & poverty stricken or who is milking the system with the loopholes they found.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />If someone has Medicaid because of the Disability it often doesnt change the income bracket. The times that it does then they definitely should not be lumped.
<br />
<br />Sadly we dont know as a person on the outside....who has it for a disability, who is totally poor & poverty stricken or who is milking the system with the loopholes they found.