Stay out of the Hospital the right way: by staying Fit like I did

FitForCF

I'm 41 and have CF. Three years ago I had to quit my job and go on long term Disability, which has been a struggle. I was hospitalized 3 times in two years and in early 2009 I had IV meds for two weeks.
Dec 2009 my Doc wasn't happy with my PFT's tests. He told me it's typical for people my age to see a steady decline in lung functions. I was not happy to hear that. So, I did something about it.
In Feb 2010, I purchased the P90X workout system from Beachbody and started working out the best I could. By June '10 my lunch functions went up by almost 15% and my Doc was in shock. I've continued to show improvement and feel great now.

here are my actual numbers from my Doctor.

Date: May '09 FVC 4.13 / FEV1 2.09 / FEF (25-75) .65
Date: June 2010 FVC 4.33 / FEV1 2.23 / FEF .75

Since I've put myself through the test of this workout system I can say without a doubt it works for CFer's. I've just became a coach for Beachbody because I want to help people reap the benefits I have.

If you are not on a good workout system like I am, please let me help. Go to my website and let's get your lungs in better condition. I'm also going to start a workout Group for CF, waiting on the approval now, where we can keep each other accountable. Start today for a better tomorrow.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://beachbodycoach.com/FITFORCF">http://beachbodycoach.com/FITFORCF</a>

FitForCF

I'm 41 and have CF. Three years ago I had to quit my job and go on long term Disability, which has been a struggle. I was hospitalized 3 times in two years and in early 2009 I had IV meds for two weeks.
Dec 2009 my Doc wasn't happy with my PFT's tests. He told me it's typical for people my age to see a steady decline in lung functions. I was not happy to hear that. So, I did something about it.
In Feb 2010, I purchased the P90X workout system from Beachbody and started working out the best I could. By June '10 my lunch functions went up by almost 15% and my Doc was in shock. I've continued to show improvement and feel great now.

here are my actual numbers from my Doctor.

Date: May '09 FVC 4.13 / FEV1 2.09 / FEF (25-75) .65
Date: June 2010 FVC 4.33 / FEV1 2.23 / FEF .75

Since I've put myself through the test of this workout system I can say without a doubt it works for CFer's. I've just became a coach for Beachbody because I want to help people reap the benefits I have.

If you are not on a good workout system like I am, please let me help. Go to my website and let's get your lungs in better condition. I'm also going to start a workout Group for CF, waiting on the approval now, where we can keep each other accountable. Start today for a better tomorrow.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://beachbodycoach.com/FITFORCF">http://beachbodycoach.com/FITFORCF</a>

FitForCF

<br />Dec 2009 my Doc wasn't happy with my PFT's tests. He told me it's typical for people my age to see a steady decline in lung functions. I was not happy to hear that. So, I did something about it.
<br />In Feb 2010, I purchased the P90X workout system from Beachbody and started working out the best I could. By June '10 my lunch functions went up by almost 15% and my Doc was in shock. I've continued to show improvement and feel great now.
<br />
<br />here are my actual numbers from my Doctor.
<br />
<br />Date: May '09 FVC 4.13 / FEV1 2.09 / FEF (25-75) .65
<br />Date: June 2010 FVC 4.33 / FEV1 2.23 / FEF .75
<br />
<br />Since I've put myself through the test of this workout system I can say without a doubt it works for CFer's. I've just became a coach for Beachbody because I want to help people reap the benefits I have.
<br />
<br />If you are not on a good workout system like I am, please let me help. Go to my website and let's get your lungs in better condition. I'm also going to start a workout Group for CF, waiting on the approval now, where we can keep each other accountable. Start today for a better tomorrow.
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://beachbodycoach.com/FITFORCF">http://beachbodycoach.com/FITFORCF</a>

static

Hi currently I am working out at the gym; swimming, cycling, doing the eliptical, and running. I agree with you exersize is important, but I am also starting to wonder how much it can improve lung function after the lungs have already been "damaged". Let me explain:

I was told that our lung function can decline two types of ways. The first being the obvious; excess mucus blocking our airways. In this situation excersize helps move the mucus out of the airway and can even help you clear deep mucus within the lungs.

The second type of lung damage I was told about though is permanent. This results after a series of infections that scar the lining of the lungs. I am unsure of how exersize can improve this portion, but am anxious to hear your thoughts.

static

Hi currently I am working out at the gym; swimming, cycling, doing the eliptical, and running. I agree with you exersize is important, but I am also starting to wonder how much it can improve lung function after the lungs have already been "damaged". Let me explain:

I was told that our lung function can decline two types of ways. The first being the obvious; excess mucus blocking our airways. In this situation excersize helps move the mucus out of the airway and can even help you clear deep mucus within the lungs.

The second type of lung damage I was told about though is permanent. This results after a series of infections that scar the lining of the lungs. I am unsure of how exersize can improve this portion, but am anxious to hear your thoughts.

static

<br />
<br />I was told that our lung function can decline two types of ways. The first being the obvious; excess mucus blocking our airways. In this situation excersize helps move the mucus out of the airway and can even help you clear deep mucus within the lungs.
<br />
<br />The second type of lung damage I was told about though is permanent. This results after a series of infections that scar the lining of the lungs. I am unsure of how exersize can improve this portion, but am anxious to hear your thoughts.

Twistofchaos

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>static</b></i>
The second type of lung damage I was told about though is permanent. This results after a series of infections that scar the lining of the lungs. I am unsure of how exersize can improve this portion, but am anxious to hear your thoughts.</end quote></div>

Right, however from keeping your lungs clean you'll likely suffer less and less-severe infections slowing further damage. Also the rest of your body will become stronger and more oxygen-efficient making daily activities seemingly lighter, effectively increasing lungfunction anyway. That is certainly something I noticed myself. (mostly through strength training though, cardio doesn't do much for me anymore.) Along with all sorts of other benefits such as increased confidence, appetite, weight, long list.
Really worth the effort.

Twistofchaos

The second type of lung damage I was told about though is permanent. This results after a series of infections that scar the lining of the lungs. I am unsure of how exersize can improve this portion, but am anxious to hear your thoughts.</end quote>

Right, however from keeping your lungs clean you'll likely suffer less and less-severe infections slowing further damage. Also the rest of your body will become stronger and more oxygen-efficient making daily activities seemingly lighter, effectively increasing lungfunction anyway. That is certainly something I noticed myself. (mostly through strength training though, cardio doesn't do much for me anymore.) Along with all sorts of other benefits such as increased confidence, appetite, weight, long list.
Really worth the effort.

Twistofchaos

<br />The second type of lung damage I was told about though is permanent. This results after a series of infections that scar the lining of the lungs. I am unsure of how exersize can improve this portion, but am anxious to hear your thoughts.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Right, however from keeping your lungs clean you'll likely suffer less and less-severe infections slowing further damage. Also the rest of your body will become stronger and more oxygen-efficient making daily activities seemingly lighter, effectively increasing lungfunction anyway. That is certainly something I noticed myself. (mostly through strength training though, cardio doesn't do much for me anymore.) Along with all sorts of other benefits such as increased confidence, appetite, weight, long list.
<br />Really worth the effort.

W

welshwitch

I think of my lungs as an almost empty ketchup bottle that no matter how hard I pound I just can't get the stuff out. However when I go on a 50+ minute run every one of my pores works to get the mucus up--defying gravity! Once I am sweating my body becomes an "efficient machine" and the ketchup bottle gets much emptier, and I have the ability to cough the stuff up (most of it when I am on the run itself!) Basically like giving my lungs a manual cleanout.

W

welshwitch

I think of my lungs as an almost empty ketchup bottle that no matter how hard I pound I just can't get the stuff out. However when I go on a 50+ minute run every one of my pores works to get the mucus up--defying gravity! Once I am sweating my body becomes an "efficient machine" and the ketchup bottle gets much emptier, and I have the ability to cough the stuff up (most of it when I am on the run itself!) Basically like giving my lungs a manual cleanout.

W

welshwitch

static

Any news yet on the workout group for CF? The benefit of todays age is there are so many ways to communicate where we don't have to be face to face, which helps against cross-contamination.

I may also be interested in sharing this with my co-workers and use it with our members if it helps. I'd have to try it out first though.

Lastly, what system would you recomend and what is the average cost? I know cost will be a factor for alot of people here.

static

Any news yet on the workout group for CF? The benefit of todays age is there are so many ways to communicate where we don't have to be face to face, which helps against cross-contamination.

I may also be interested in sharing this with my co-workers and use it with our members if it helps. I'd have to try it out first though.

Lastly, what system would you recomend and what is the average cost? I know cost will be a factor for alot of people here.

static

<br />
<br />I may also be interested in sharing this with my co-workers and use it with our members if it helps. I'd have to try it out first though.
<br />
<br />Lastly, what system would you recomend and what is the average cost? I know cost will be a factor for alot of people here.