steroids

anonymous63

howyas my name is tony from dublin im thinkin of askin my doc for steroids. im very skinny and i cant put on wait ive tried lots of tings but none have done d job. will my doctor give me them or wat. im not dat sick im keepin good. i dont no anyone else wit cf so write back sound

anonymous63

howyas my name is tony from dublin im thinkin of askin my doc for steroids. im very skinny and i cant put on wait ive tried lots of tings but none have done d job. will my doctor give me them or wat. im not dat sick im keepin good. i dont no anyone else wit cf so write back sound

anonymous63

JazzysMom

If you want steroids just for weight then you are looking in the wrong direction. Any weight that you put on is basically water retension. Its not a healthy weight. In addition to the weight steroids can cause many other problems such as CFRD, thinning of the bones etc. Its usually only recommended when the work of the lungs is at risk and nothing else is working. . Granted I am referring to the type that CFers are usually prescribed, but even the ones that atheletes have been given have high risk factors. I think you are thinking of steroids as an easy fix! Its not!

JazzysMom

If you want steroids just for weight then you are looking in the wrong direction. Any weight that you put on is basically water retension. Its not a healthy weight. In addition to the weight steroids can cause many other problems such as CFRD, thinning of the bones etc. Its usually only recommended when the work of the lungs is at risk and nothing else is working. . Granted I am referring to the type that CFers are usually prescribed, but even the ones that atheletes have been given have high risk factors. I think you are thinking of steroids as an easy fix! Its not!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>anonymous63</b></i>

why does every solution have a fukinn problem</end quote></div>

Thats called the game of Life my dear.....

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>anonymous63</b></i>

JazzysMom

nicolaj

when i had a bad chest i was given a large dose of steroids, not for my weight but for my inflamation in my lungs. i noticed straight away though that i had a huge appetite! i was eating constantly, which i think is only a good thing when im so under weight. i loved it! i put on about 6pound in 2week! although it isnt a long term solution, it did help my chest and appetite. have you ever thought about safer options to gaining weight???

nicola xx

nicolaj

when i had a bad chest i was given a large dose of steroids, not for my weight but for my inflamation in my lungs. i noticed straight away though that i had a huge appetite! i was eating constantly, which i think is only a good thing when im so under weight. i loved it! i put on about 6pound in 2week! although it isnt a long term solution, it did help my chest and appetite. have you ever thought about safer options to gaining weight???

nicola xx

nicolaj

nicola xx