STILL COPING

SarahJean1976

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://breathe4tomorrow.org/2008/11/
">http://breathe4tomorrow.org/2008/11/
</a>
Is the link to the articles... enjoy

SarahJean1976

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://breathe4tomorrow.org/2008/11/
</a>

SarahJean1976

</a>

SarahJean1976

</a>

SarahJean1976

</a><br />
<br />Is the link to the articles... enjoy

mommy2diego

I think I cried on and off for a month and half as soon as i found out newborn screening was abnormal. Little did I know they already screen mutations not only irt levels in california. So not knowing drove me crazy...! I freaked out when I heard about the other boys...but all of that was overshadowed by my babies first hospitalization the next day...and my husband having a pulmonary ambulism later that week! They say what ever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I figure i'm gonna be wonderwoman in a few more years! It is sad, but as you mentioned, it could be so much worse... We just have to cherish our kids every day and raise them to be fighters! All of these kids will grow up to inspire so many... each and every one of them.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MYBOY</b></i>

Oh my - Mommytodiego - I'm overwhelmed just reading that! I can't imagine what you all went through! I cried for 4 days after my son was diagnosed at 6 months old. Now my son is 11 - is really pretty healthy (hasn't missed a day of school for sickness in years) and is very active. So it does make it easier for now. The wondering what is going to happen and when is probably the hardest part. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't think about CF and why it had to be your kid!! And when they ask you "why do I have to have CF, take all these pills and do treatments" it can tear you apart inside. But my son also has a kid in his class with MD - in a wheelchair - so it does help him see the bright side of things. If he couldn't play baseball, basketball and football it would devastate him and us. Right now he can play a whole game of basketball and hardly be winded at the end. I just know when your kids are so young it's hard to imagine what's to come - but keep them as active as they can - and keep praying for the best as they get older. It scares me to keep reading about all the people that started having more problems as they hit teens and twenties - so I'm just counting our blessings everyday. I wish you all luck and hope you can find a way to deal with this - we just love our kids soooo much:)</end quote></div>

mommy2diego

I think I cried on and off for a month and half as soon as i found out newborn screening was abnormal. Little did I know they already screen mutations not only irt levels in california. So not knowing drove me crazy...! I freaked out when I heard about the other boys...but all of that was overshadowed by my babies first hospitalization the next day...and my husband having a pulmonary ambulism later that week! They say what ever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I figure i'm gonna be wonderwoman in a few more years! It is sad, but as you mentioned, it could be so much worse... We just have to cherish our kids every day and raise them to be fighters! All of these kids will grow up to inspire so many... each and every one of them.

Oh my - Mommytodiego - I'm overwhelmed just reading that! I can't imagine what you all went through! I cried for 4 days after my son was diagnosed at 6 months old. Now my son is 11 - is really pretty healthy (hasn't missed a day of school for sickness in years) and is very active. So it does make it easier for now. The wondering what is going to happen and when is probably the hardest part. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't think about CF and why it had to be your kid!! And when they ask you "why do I have to have CF, take all these pills and do treatments" it can tear you apart inside. But my son also has a kid in his class with MD - in a wheelchair - so it does help him see the bright side of things. If he couldn't play baseball, basketball and football it would devastate him and us. Right now he can play a whole game of basketball and hardly be winded at the end. I just know when your kids are so young it's hard to imagine what's to come - but keep them as active as they can - and keep praying for the best as they get older. It scares me to keep reading about all the people that started having more problems as they hit teens and twenties - so I'm just counting our blessings everyday. I wish you all luck and hope you can find a way to deal with this - we just love our kids soooo much:)</end quote></div>

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

Oh my - Mommytodiego - I'm overwhelmed just reading that! I can't imagine what you all went through! I cried for 4 days after my son was diagnosed at 6 months old. Now my son is 11 - is really pretty healthy (hasn't missed a day of school for sickness in years) and is very active. So it does make it easier for now. The wondering what is going to happen and when is probably the hardest part. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't think about CF and why it had to be your kid!! And when they ask you "why do I have to have CF, take all these pills and do treatments" it can tear you apart inside. But my son also has a kid in his class with MD - in a wheelchair - so it does help him see the bright side of things. If he couldn't play baseball, basketball and football it would devastate him and us. Right now he can play a whole game of basketball and hardly be winded at the end. I just know when your kids are so young it's hard to imagine what's to come - but keep them as active as they can - and keep praying for the best as they get older. It scares me to keep reading about all the people that started having more problems as they hit teens and twenties - so I'm just counting our blessings everyday. I wish you all luck and hope you can find a way to deal with this - we just love our kids soooo much:)</end quote>

mommy2diego

<br />
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>MYBOY</b></i>
<br />
<br />Oh my - Mommytodiego - I'm overwhelmed just reading that! I can't imagine what you all went through! I cried for 4 days after my son was diagnosed at 6 months old. Now my son is 11 - is really pretty healthy (hasn't missed a day of school for sickness in years) and is very active. So it does make it easier for now. The wondering what is going to happen and when is probably the hardest part. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't think about CF and why it had to be your kid!! And when they ask you "why do I have to have CF, take all these pills and do treatments" it can tear you apart inside. But my son also has a kid in his class with MD - in a wheelchair - so it does help him see the bright side of things. If he couldn't play baseball, basketball and football it would devastate him and us. Right now he can play a whole game of basketball and hardly be winded at the end. I just know when your kids are so young it's hard to imagine what's to come - but keep them as active as they can - and keep praying for the best as they get older. It scares me to keep reading about all the people that started having more problems as they hit teens and twenties - so I'm just counting our blessings everyday. I wish you all luck and hope you can find a way to deal with this - we just love our kids soooo much:)</end quote>

Chrisso

Hi all...Greetings from Australia.
The standard of care here from Diagnosis is to treat with flucloxacillin daily to prevent staph Until the age of ^ where Staph is not longer a real problem. Do they not do that there???..

Cheers

Chris (Dad to Molly 2.5 with CF)

Chrisso

The standard of care here from Diagnosis is to treat with flucloxacillin daily to prevent staph Until the age of ^ where Staph is not longer a real problem. Do they not do that there???..

Cheers

Chrisso

Cheers

Chrisso

Cheers

Chrisso

Cheers

rosco

We are presently close to three months from diagnosis of our twin grandchildren and feel much like you. I am glad to hear that your son is gaining weight as he should. Our boys are just over 11 pounnds and they will be three months on Feb 5/09. I have certainly found this site inspirational, welcoming and uplifting. I thank God for everyone here willing to share their own personal experiences as well as encouragement.I hope you find strength here also. Take care. Ross.

rosco

We are presently close to three months from diagnosis of our twin grandchildren and feel much like you. I am glad to hear that your son is gaining weight as he should. Our boys are just over 11 pounnds and they will be three months on Feb 5/09. I have certainly found this site inspirational, welcoming and uplifting. I thank God for everyone here willing to share their own personal experiences as well as encouragement.I hope you find strength here also. Take care. Ross.

rosco

rosco

rosco