Still Waiting

madencanada

I'm still waiting for my genetic test results . It is such a long , timely process . I saw a CF Dr. at the begining of April . I wasn't feeling all that bad when I saw him , as I had just finished a course of prednisone . He thought I felt a little feverish and thought that it might be the start of something so I was put on an antibiotic. Well he was right !! Around the end of April started another course of prednisone , felt fantastic for not quite 2 weeks , now i'm sick again. I am still only on asthma meds at this time , nebbing vent, pulmicort , singulair, atrovent , nose spray , claretin . I finally have an appt. for allergy testing in June. The CF DR. told me that genetic testing for the full panel can take any where from 6 mths to a year !! So my question finally is: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET GENETIC TESTS RESULTS BACK ?

madencanada

I'm still waiting for my genetic test results . It is such a long , timely process . I saw a CF Dr. at the begining of April . I wasn't feeling all that bad when I saw him , as I had just finished a course of prednisone . He thought I felt a little feverish and thought that it might be the start of something so I was put on an antibiotic. Well he was right !! Around the end of April started another course of prednisone , felt fantastic for not quite 2 weeks , now i'm sick again. I am still only on asthma meds at this time , nebbing vent, pulmicort , singulair, atrovent , nose spray , claretin . I finally have an appt. for allergy testing in June. The CF DR. told me that genetic testing for the full panel can take any where from 6 mths to a year !! So my question finally is: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET GENETIC TESTS RESULTS BACK ?

madencanada

madencanada

madencanada

Buckeye

My son's genetic test was sent to Ambry and took a little less than 4 weeks for the full panel. Is that where your test was sent?

Buckeye

My son's genetic test was sent to Ambry and took a little less than 4 weeks for the full panel. Is that where your test was sent?

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

M

Mommafirst

SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR?????? Is this an accredited CF center you are working with? That is ridiculous!! Our results took 8 weeks and I was told it was HIGHlY unlikely to take even that long. I hope you get answers and quickly!!

M

Mommafirst

SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR?????? Is this an accredited CF center you are working with? That is ridiculous!! Our results took 8 weeks and I was told it was HIGHlY unlikely to take even that long. I hope you get answers and quickly!!

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst