Still Waiting......!!!!!

larasmommy

Hi Everyone,
I have been lurking here for weeks, reading the posts and news. The last time I posted was ??? But I cannot beleive it has been 6 1/2 weeks since my daughters blood was drawn for genetic testing (Quest complete) and I still have no results!! What the F**K!!??? This is getting ridiculous...
And the more I read Ive come to the conclusion that the whole thing is going to be a waste of time because it wasnt the Ambry test, Does anyone know how long the Quest test actually takes!!???? The nurse at the Drs office doesnt call me back, Quest said they have no idea, I am completely FRUSTRATED, and feel like I am sincerly going to have a nervous breakdown.
I feel like this forum is the only place I can vent... My family is ignoring the whole situation, like if they dont talk about it , IT will go away!
Has anyone here ever felt the same? THX in advance.

Marie

larasmommy

Hi Everyone,
I have been lurking here for weeks, reading the posts and news. The last time I posted was ??? But I cannot beleive it has been 6 1/2 weeks since my daughters blood was drawn for genetic testing (Quest complete) and I still have no results!! What the F**K!!??? This is getting ridiculous...
And the more I read Ive come to the conclusion that the whole thing is going to be a waste of time because it wasnt the Ambry test, Does anyone know how long the Quest test actually takes!!???? The nurse at the Drs office doesnt call me back, Quest said they have no idea, I am completely FRUSTRATED, and feel like I am sincerly going to have a nervous breakdown.
I feel like this forum is the only place I can vent... My family is ignoring the whole situation, like if they dont talk about it , IT will go away!

Marie

larasmommy

Hi Everyone,

Marie

larasmommy

Hi Everyone,

Marie

larasmommy

Hi Everyone,

Marie

JazzysMom

DAMN......I would start being the squeaky wheel. I dont know the time frame that Quest works in, but this seems a bit excessive.

Get on the horn & start complaining. Be a thorn. This is the health of your kid we are talking about. So what if you ruffle a few feathers in the process.........

EDITED TO ADD:

I saw this link from another parent. In it they say that they were told 8 to 12 weeks for results fromn Quest. I would still be the squeaky wheel, but maybe this will make you feel better.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=22928&enterthread=y">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...id=22928&enterthread=y</a>

JazzysMom

DAMN......I would start being the squeaky wheel. I dont know the time frame that Quest works in, but this seems a bit excessive.

Get on the horn & start complaining. Be a thorn. This is the health of your kid we are talking about. So what if you ruffle a few feathers in the process.........

EDITED TO ADD:

I saw this link from another parent. In it they say that they were told 8 to 12 weeks for results fromn Quest. I would still be the squeaky wheel, but maybe this will make you feel better.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=902&threadid=22928&enterthread=y">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...id=22928&enterthread=y</a>

JazzysMom

EDITED TO ADD:

JazzysMom

EDITED TO ADD:

JazzysMom

EDITED TO ADD:

M

Mommafirst

Oh goodness, Marie, I'm sorry to hear you still have no answers. I didn't deal with Quest, but our Ambry test took over 6 weeks to get back to us. So I know what its like to be on absolute edge and have everyone in your life dismiss you, saying, "Its not gonna be CF" or "Wait, and worry about it when you know more". As if a mom could just put off worrying.

From what I've read, if Quest does the sequencing with deletions and duplications, its the same as having the Ambry. I hope this gives you answers, because being in limbo totally sucks!! HUGS and thanks for the update.

M

Mommafirst

Oh goodness, Marie, I'm sorry to hear you still have no answers. I didn't deal with Quest, but our Ambry test took over 6 weeks to get back to us. So I know what its like to be on absolute edge and have everyone in your life dismiss you, saying, "Its not gonna be CF" or "Wait, and worry about it when you know more". As if a mom could just put off worrying.

From what I've read, if Quest does the sequencing with deletions and duplications, its the same as having the Ambry. I hope this gives you answers, because being in limbo totally sucks!! HUGS and thanks for the update.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

momofcash

This is the hardest part...the waiting. Ours took unusually long time, too. Our test wasn't through Quest. If I hadn't called the hospital to find out what the delay was, I really think we could still be waiting. Try calling the lab where the blood was drawn. Melissa is right...you have to ruffle feathers. I called someone daily when it got to a certain point. They are used to worried parents.

On a personal side...I really didn't think we would make it. My husband and I were snapping at each other. We couldn't sleep. Both of us had elevated blood pressure. I understand where you are. Keeping a journal really helped me. It was the best place for me to vent. Also walking in the mornings. All of those things that sound like a cliche really do help. Also, know that there is an end to this.

I hope this helps.

M

momofcash

This is the hardest part...the waiting. Ours took unusually long time, too. Our test wasn't through Quest. If I hadn't called the hospital to find out what the delay was, I really think we could still be waiting. Try calling the lab where the blood was drawn. Melissa is right...you have to ruffle feathers. I called someone daily when it got to a certain point. They are used to worried parents.

On a personal side...I really didn't think we would make it. My husband and I were snapping at each other. We couldn't sleep. Both of us had elevated blood pressure. I understand where you are. Keeping a journal really helped me. It was the best place for me to vent. Also walking in the mornings. All of those things that sound like a cliche really do help. Also, know that there is an end to this.

I hope this helps.

M

momofcash

I hope this helps.

M

momofcash

I hope this helps.

M

momofcash

I hope this helps.