Still Waiting......!!!!!

hbollotte

My fiance took his AMBRY test around the end of April and I went to my appointment yesterday and they finally had the results. I'm not sure when they received them, but they were negative!!!! So now I don't have to worry about my daughter having CF, she will just be a carrier. I know they still didn't have them after eight weeks.

I feel your pain!! Waiting for the unknown is miserable!!!

hbollotte

My fiance took his AMBRY test around the end of April and I went to my appointment yesterday and they finally had the results. I'm not sure when they received them, but they were negative!!!! So now I don't have to worry about my daughter having CF, she will just be a carrier. I know they still didn't have them after eight weeks.

hbollotte

hbollotte

hbollotte

peanut07

I can understand. My son just had his blood drawn for the Quest Complete Genetic Sequencing and we were told 8-12 weeks. I guess for us it isn't so nerve racking since he already has had one positive sweat test, so we know he has it. Sometimes I think there is no way, perhaps it was a lab error and the genetic test will prove this but even the geneticist said there are no false positives.

Good Luck with your wait.

peanut07

I can understand. My son just had his blood drawn for the Quest Complete Genetic Sequencing and we were told 8-12 weeks. I guess for us it isn't so nerve racking since he already has had one positive sweat test, so we know he has it. Sometimes I think there is no way, perhaps it was a lab error and the genetic test will prove this but even the geneticist said there are no false positives.

peanut07

peanut07

peanut07

larasmommy

Hi All

I took all of your advice and called Quest today, they told me the test takes 42 days to complete.. today is the 47th. The woman on the phone was somewhat sympathetic and told me she would research the holdup. She took my number and havent heard from her since, so I will keep u guys posted. I will call again tommorow.

My sincerest THANKS for all of your replys!
Melissa, the feather ruffling has begun!
Heather, is your family still the same since u found out?
Cashs Mom, I snap at everyone, does that ever go away?and maybe I will try the walking.
Heather, Im glad your fiance doesnt have it, Congrats on the baby girl! (Has anyone ever told you you look like Valerie Bertinelli?)
Peanut, Im so sorry...... maybe it will be a mistake.

larasmommy

Hi All

I took all of your advice and called Quest today, they told me the test takes 42 days to complete.. today is the 47th. The woman on the phone was somewhat sympathetic and told me she would research the holdup. She took my number and havent heard from her since, so I will keep u guys posted. I will call again tommorow.

Cashs Mom, I snap at everyone, does that ever go away?and maybe I will try the walking.
Heather, Im glad your fiance doesnt have it, Congrats on the baby girl! (Has anyone ever told you you look like Valerie Bertinelli?)

larasmommy

Hi All

larasmommy

Hi All

larasmommy

Hi All

M

momofcash

You in a very stressful situation. You have an excuse. The snapping does go away. You just have to channel you frustration elsewhere. Walking really did help, so did writing. It really is better knowing. It was just the waiting that drove me crazy. Some people were amazingly supportive. Others were in complete denial. Even after we got Cash's doagnosis. Just avoid talking to those who increase your stress. It may sound insensitive but do what helps you get through the day. I stopped talking to my mother for a short time because it would frustrate me so much. It has only been three months and we are in such a better place. Anytime you need to vent let me know. I hope you get answeres very soon.

M

momofcash

You in a very stressful situation. You have an excuse. The snapping does go away. You just have to channel you frustration elsewhere. Walking really did help, so did writing. It really is better knowing. It was just the waiting that drove me crazy. Some people were amazingly supportive. Others were in complete denial. Even after we got Cash's doagnosis. Just avoid talking to those who increase your stress. It may sound insensitive but do what helps you get through the day. I stopped talking to my mother for a short time because it would frustrate me so much. It has only been three months and we are in such a better place. Anytime you need to vent let me know. I hope you get answeres very soon.

M

momofcash

M

momofcash

M

momofcash