Still waiting

Dylan000

Hey my name is cristin and my son dylan is 8yrs old. We have had to sweat test done one of them come out 50 and the one today came back 53.6. they said that it is borderline and i have to get him tested one more time then do a dna testing. We have 4 set of tube, 2 sinus irrigation, 1 sinus surgery with polyups. He had a allergy test done but wasn't allergic to anything. he has start to develop a productive cough. He is always clearing his throat. He keeps headache all the time. I just don't know what to think about all this. I wish they would just get the test and tell us so we can finally know what we are fighting. Does anyone have these kinds of s/s and did your test come back borderline.

Cristin (mother to) Dylan 8

Dylan000

Hey my name is cristin and my son dylan is 8yrs old. We have had to sweat test done one of them come out 50 and the one today came back 53.6. they said that it is borderline and i have to get him tested one more time then do a dna testing. We have 4 set of tube, 2 sinus irrigation, 1 sinus surgery with polyups. He had a allergy test done but wasn't allergic to anything. he has start to develop a productive cough. He is always clearing his throat. He keeps headache all the time. I just don't know what to think about all this. I wish they would just get the test and tell us so we can finally know what we are fighting. Does anyone have these kinds of s/s and did your test come back borderline.

Dylan000

Dylan000

Dylan000

<br />
<br />Cristin (mother to) Dylan 8

T

TonyaH

Hi Cristin,

First of all, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. There are many here who understand what your dealing with. Hopefully you will find this website helpful.

Yes, many people have borderline sweat tests. You are actually lucky to be in a place where the doctors are being so proactive and taling about genetic testing. Many doctors without experience treating CF would consider a borderline sweat test a negative.

If you continue to read through the boards, you will find information about the Ambry test. The Ambry test is the most reliable genetic CF test that can be run. Others test for a smaller number of known mutations, and a diagnosis can be missed. Ask your doctor about the Ambry test. Best of luck.

T

TonyaH

Hi Cristin,

First of all, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. There are many here who understand what your dealing with. Hopefully you will find this website helpful.

Yes, many people have borderline sweat tests. You are actually lucky to be in a place where the doctors are being so proactive and taling about genetic testing. Many doctors without experience treating CF would consider a borderline sweat test a negative.

If you continue to read through the boards, you will find information about the Ambry test. The Ambry test is the most reliable genetic CF test that can be run. Others test for a smaller number of known mutations, and a diagnosis can be missed. Ask your doctor about the Ambry test. Best of luck.

T

TonyaH

Hi Cristin,

T

TonyaH

Hi Cristin,

T

TonyaH

Hi Cristin,
<br />
<br />First of all, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. There are many here who understand what your dealing with. Hopefully you will find this website helpful.
<br />
<br />Yes, many people have borderline sweat tests. You are actually lucky to be in a place where the doctors are being so proactive and taling about genetic testing. Many doctors without experience treating CF would consider a borderline sweat test a negative.
<br />
<br />If you continue to read through the boards, you will find information about the Ambry test. The Ambry test is the most reliable genetic CF test that can be run. Others test for a smaller number of known mutations, and a diagnosis can be missed. Ask your doctor about the Ambry test. Best of luck.

M

Mommafirst

Hello Cristin and welcome. I'm sorry you have to be here. My daughter had borderline sweats as well (53 and 45). I'm glad you have a good doctor who is helping you to narrow this down and try to figure out if CF is what you are dealing with.

M

Mommafirst

Hello Cristin and welcome. I'm sorry you have to be here. My daughter had borderline sweats as well (53 and 45). I'm glad you have a good doctor who is helping you to narrow this down and try to figure out if CF is what you are dealing with.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Dylan000

Thank you for welcoming me to your website. I have learn so much already just ready these post. Not one doctor has told me what cf really is i just do the research myself and i am also in Lpn school right now so that helps alot. So do anyone else just have the sinus symptoms? Dylan really don't have lung prob, he gets out of breathe when he does anything physical. Then this past year he has started eating and eating, but he is 8 and he weighs 90lbs. We go back friday to get another test done. I just praying everything works out fine.

Dylan000

Thank you for welcoming me to your website. I have learn so much already just ready these post. Not one doctor has told me what cf really is i just do the research myself and i am also in Lpn school right now so that helps alot. So do anyone else just have the sinus symptoms? Dylan really don't have lung prob, he gets out of breathe when he does anything physical. Then this past year he has started eating and eating, but he is 8 and he weighs 90lbs. We go back friday to get another test done. I just praying everything works out fine.

Dylan000

Dylan000

Dylan000

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Cristin (mother to) Dylan 8