Suctioning an infant

croomabu

Hello everyone ..
We just moved with our 11 mth old .. The old clinic had us suction her nose ( with a yanker machine..) twice a day .. New clinc says this is not necessary .. Have to say I am relieved as it was becoming really difficult and was always a dreaded task .. Just curious if anyone else was advised to do this .. We started when she was a week old .. She is doing fine and I notice no difference since we stopped?
Thanks to all those who give great advise on here !

croomabu

Hello everyone ..
We just moved with our 11 mth old .. The old clinic had us suction her nose ( with a yanker machine..) twice a day .. New clinc says this is not necessary .. Have to say I am relieved as it was becoming really difficult and was always a dreaded task .. Just curious if anyone else was advised to do this .. We started when she was a week old .. She is doing fine and I notice no difference since we stopped?
Thanks to all those who give great advise on here !

croomabu

Hello everyone ..
<br />We just moved with our 11 mth old .. The old clinic had us suction her nose ( with a yanker machine..) twice a day .. New clinc says this is not necessary .. Have to say I am relieved as it was becoming really difficult and was always a dreaded task .. Just curious if anyone else was advised to do this .. We started when she was a week old .. She is doing fine and I notice no difference since we stopped?
<br />Thanks to all those who give great advise on here !

AbsintheMinded

I've only ever suctioned J if he was stuffy, and never been told I need to otherwise. If you do find it necessary to do, however, I have to recommend useng a Nosefrida. My sone won't even tolerate having his nose so much as looked at funny, but suctioning with it has been a breeze.

AbsintheMinded

I've only ever suctioned J if he was stuffy, and never been told I need to otherwise. If you do find it necessary to do, however, I have to recommend useng a Nosefrida. My sone won't even tolerate having his nose so much as looked at funny, but suctioning with it has been a breeze.

AbsintheMinded

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
They did it at the NICU and hospital on DS when he was an infant because he couldn't eat if he couldn't breathe. When we got home from the hospital, I did it once in awhile if he was really congested using some simply saline nasal spray and the dreaded bulb syringe (booger sucker). Just so he/we could sleep or we could eat better.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
They did it at the NICU and hospital on DS when he was an infant because he couldn't eat if he couldn't breathe. When we got home from the hospital, I did it once in awhile if he was really congested using some simply saline nasal spray and the dreaded bulb syringe (booger sucker). Just so he/we could sleep or we could eat better.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />

amber682

We've never done it unless they were really stuffy, using a bulb syringe. I'm glad youp don't have to d it anymore, poor kiddo!

amber682

We've never done it unless they were really stuffy, using a bulb syringe. I'm glad youp don't have to d it anymore, poor kiddo!

amber682