Sugars dropping 2 hour after eating?

carly23

What does this mean...i ate a plate full of nachos with cheese avacado spicy pork and then ate some chocolate sticks :-/ shouldnt it be higher?

carly23

What does this mean...i ate a plate full of nachos with cheese avacado spicy pork and then ate some chocolate sticks :-/ shouldnt it be higher?

CysticlyFIT

Do you take insulin , either shots or pump? If you took external insulin with this food, it means you took too much, or what most likely happened it wasn't digested at the same rate,.
<br>
<br>
<br>If your not a CFRDer, This is alot of carb loaded food, and with some CFers our pancreases are out of tune, and will send too much insulin too quickly, dropping the blood sugar., And can have what you call 'reactive hypoglycemia' Eat frequent small meals, with more protein, like chicken, cheese, dairy or yogurt with not alot of sugar, and it will balance out, and not so many drops.....
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

CysticlyFIT

Do you take insulin , either shots or pump? If you took external insulin with this food, it means you took too much, or what most likely happened it wasn't digested at the same rate,.
<br>
<br>
<br>If your not a CFRDer, This is alot of carb loaded food, and with some CFers our pancreases are out of tune, and will send too much insulin too quickly, dropping the blood sugar., And can have what you call 'reactive hypoglycemia' Eat frequent small meals, with more protein, like chicken, cheese, dairy or yogurt with not alot of sugar, and it will balance out, and not so many drops.....
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

carly23

No i dont take insulin of anything but have been going to diabetes education and have to log down my sugars after every meal

carly23

No i dont take insulin of anything but have been going to diabetes education and have to log down my sugars after every meal

Incomudrox

was it dark or milk chocolate... there is honestly not a lot of carbs in that dish other than the nachos which maybe low glicemic index anyways. The fat from the avadaco maybe effecting the sugar digestion (slowing down) fat does this.

Incomudrox

was it dark or milk chocolate... there is honestly not a lot of carbs in that dish other than the nachos which maybe low glicemic index anyways. The fat from the avadaco maybe effecting the sugar digestion (slowing down) fat does this.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Iamqueenofeverything</b></i>

How much do you work out? Are you very active at work? Sometime when I work out too much my sugars drop low despite what I eat.</end quote>

<br>That is because when you exercise your body produces more of the hormone the hormone that regulates insulinsensitivity. So you become more sensitive to the insulin your body is making. After all that's the problem with Type 2, insulin sensitivity.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Iamqueenofeverything</b></i>

How much do you work out? Are you very active at work? Sometime when I work out too much my sugars drop low despite what I eat.</end quote>

<br>That is because when you exercise your body produces more of the hormone the hormone that regulates insulinsensitivity. So you become more sensitive to the insulin your body is making. After all that's the problem with Type 2, insulin sensitivity.

CysticlyFIT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i>

was it dark or milk chocolate... there is honestly not a lot of carbs in that dish other than the nachos which maybe low glicemic index anyways. The fat from the avadaco maybe effecting the sugar digestion (slowing down) fat does this.</end quote><br><br>It doesn't really matter if its dark or milk, they add sugar to chocolate sticks, lets say she had 4-6 sticks total they might be around 25 carbs , nahos are made from wheat and actually have a high glycemic index, for a full plate, it may be around 50 carbs, but the cheese does slow it down, -but the carbs will be absorbed eventually, the avocado/pork sauce, might have some carbs in it even with meat in it, say 12 grams, -even if spicy......<br>

CysticlyFIT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Incomudrox</b></i>

was it dark or milk chocolate... there is honestly not a lot of carbs in that dish other than the nachos which maybe low glicemic index anyways. The fat from the avadaco maybe effecting the sugar digestion (slowing down) fat does this.</end quote><br><br>It doesn't really matter if its dark or milk, they add sugar to chocolate sticks, lets say she had 4-6 sticks total they might be around 25 carbs , nahos are made from wheat and actually have a high glycemic index, for a full plate, it may be around 50 carbs, but the cheese does slow it down, -but the carbs will be absorbed eventually, the avocado/pork sauce, might have some carbs in it even with meat in it, say 12 grams, -even if spicy......<br>

CysticlyFIT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>carly23</b></i>

No i dont take insulin of anything but have been going to diabetes education and have to log down my sugars after every meal</end quote><br><br>Sounds like you have a reactive type hypoglycemia, -ask your doctor about it, you should be eating frequent meals/ but not giant meals snacks like the above, and no soda, / candy, protein snacks are excellent for you...<br><br>Hope this helps !<br>

CysticlyFIT

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>carly23</b></i>

No i dont take insulin of anything but have been going to diabetes education and have to log down my sugars after every meal</end quote><br><br>Sounds like you have a reactive type hypoglycemia, -ask your doctor about it, you should be eating frequent meals/ but not giant meals snacks like the above, and no soda, / candy, protein snacks are excellent for you...<br><br>Hope this helps !<br>

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CysticlyFIT</b></i>

was it dark or milk chocolate... there is honestly not a lot of carbs in that dish other than the nachos which maybe low glicemic index anyways. The fat from the avadaco maybe effecting the sugar digestion (slowing down) fat does this.</end quote>

It doesn't really matter if its dark or milk, they add sugar to chocolate sticks, lets say she had 4-6 sticks total they might be around 25 carbs , nahos are made from wheat and actually have a high glycemic index, for a full plate, it may be around 50 carbs, but the cheese does slow it down, -but the carbs will be absorbed eventually, the avocado/pork sauce, might have some carbs in it even with meat in it, say 12 grams, -even if spicy......</end quote>

<br>Hmm hence why I said that, they MAYBE low glycemic load. Depending on what they are made from, just because they are nachosdoesn'tmean they are made from CORN. Nachos are not made from wheat, if they were and they happened to be made from a whole grain wheat they would have a slightly lower glycemic load. Also Chocolate in general has a low glycemic load, lower than most might thing. For a fact of the matter pure sugars glycemic load isnt that bad, it has a medium rating and is around 65. Where white bread is rated high and 71. Your average Coke or pepsi is rated at 65 as well, whereGatoradeis a high 78, but at the same time it's designed that way. Theavocadowill have some but not nearly as much as the rest.

Incomudrox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>CysticlyFIT</b></i>

was it dark or milk chocolate... there is honestly not a lot of carbs in that dish other than the nachos which maybe low glicemic index anyways. The fat from the avadaco maybe effecting the sugar digestion (slowing down) fat does this.</end quote>

It doesn't really matter if its dark or milk, they add sugar to chocolate sticks, lets say she had 4-6 sticks total they might be around 25 carbs , nahos are made from wheat and actually have a high glycemic index, for a full plate, it may be around 50 carbs, but the cheese does slow it down, -but the carbs will be absorbed eventually, the avocado/pork sauce, might have some carbs in it even with meat in it, say 12 grams, -even if spicy......</end quote>

<br>Hmm hence why I said that, they MAYBE low glycemic load. Depending on what they are made from, just because they are nachosdoesn'tmean they are made from CORN. Nachos are not made from wheat, if they were and they happened to be made from a whole grain wheat they would have a slightly lower glycemic load. Also Chocolate in general has a low glycemic load, lower than most might thing. For a fact of the matter pure sugars glycemic load isnt that bad, it has a medium rating and is around 65. Where white bread is rated high and 71. Your average Coke or pepsi is rated at 65 as well, whereGatoradeis a high 78, but at the same time it's designed that way. Theavocadowill have some but not nearly as much as the rest.

CysticlyFIT

<br>Hmm hence why I said that, they MAYBE low glycemic load. Depending on what they are made from, just because they are nachosdoesn'tmean they are made from CORN. Nachos are not made from wheat, if they were and they happened to be made from a whole grain wheat they would have a slightly lower glycemic load. Also Chocolate in general has a low glycemic load, lower than most might thing. For a fact of the matter pure sugars glycemic load isnt that bad, it has a medium rating and is around 65. Where white bread is rated high and 71. Your average Coke or pepsi is rated at 65 as well, whereGatoradeis a high 78, but at the same time it's designed that way. Theavocadowill have some but not nearly as much as the rest.</end quote><br><br>Wheat is the grain family, and so is corn, -either way-, they are high glycemic, -why? Nachos is a processed food for the most part and the add in some brands HFCS's,...<br><br>If these were low glycemic foods, her sugar wouldn't have crashed,- as she doesnt take external insulin-, So they would have been a slower release of insulin with the break down of fat. Her body detected a spike in carbs too quickly and released insulin, then her sugar dropped to much in a short amount of time. <br><br>These glycemic measures you give are different for every person and not everyone has the same reaction to a glycemic load and are only used as a guideline. <br><br>Yes,- chocolate does a have a low glycemic load, - because of the fat,- BUT if those sticks has a filling in them, icing, then that changes the load.<br><font face="Verdana" size="2"></font>

CysticlyFIT

<br>Hmm hence why I said that, they MAYBE low glycemic load. Depending on what they are made from, just because they are nachosdoesn'tmean they are made from CORN. Nachos are not made from wheat, if they were and they happened to be made from a whole grain wheat they would have a slightly lower glycemic load. Also Chocolate in general has a low glycemic load, lower than most might thing. For a fact of the matter pure sugars glycemic load isnt that bad, it has a medium rating and is around 65. Where white bread is rated high and 71. Your average Coke or pepsi is rated at 65 as well, whereGatoradeis a high 78, but at the same time it's designed that way. Theavocadowill have some but not nearly as much as the rest.</end quote><br><br>Wheat is the grain family, and so is corn, -either way-, they are high glycemic, -why? Nachos is a processed food for the most part and the add in some brands HFCS's,...<br><br>If these were low glycemic foods, her sugar wouldn't have crashed,- as she doesnt take external insulin-, So they would have been a slower release of insulin with the break down of fat. Her body detected a spike in carbs too quickly and released insulin, then her sugar dropped to much in a short amount of time. <br><br>These glycemic measures you give are different for every person and not everyone has the same reaction to a glycemic load and are only used as a guideline. <br><br>Yes,- chocolate does a have a low glycemic load, - because of the fat,- BUT if those sticks has a filling in them, icing, then that changes the load.<br><font face="Verdana" size="2"></font>