Suggestions for easing a cough?

jbrandyn

ice chips or popsicles, sometimes i go in the bathroom and turn the shower on really hot and breath the steam it helps alot and makes you sleepy, my mom always did that for me when i was a kid. also rubbing vics vapor rub on and between the toes is great (idk how but it works evertime)
hope this helps

jbrandyn

ice chips or popsicles, sometimes i go in the bathroom and turn the shower on really hot and breath the steam it helps alot and makes you sleepy, my mom always did that for me when i was a kid. also rubbing vics vapor rub on and between the toes is great (idk how but it works evertime)
hope this helps

jbrandyn

hope this helps

jbrandyn

hope this helps

jbrandyn

<br />hope this helps

ashmomo

My 4 year old has had a cough on and off for a couple months. We have done increased treatments and nebs for a while. The other day at the clinic they decide to put her on Augmentin to try to get rid of it.

Others on the website will say the shower thing is probably NOT a good idea considering the 'showerhead' article that was made such a big deal of a couple weeks ago. They carry lots of bacteria and are in that steam you are breathing in, supposedly.

Hope they get her feeling better very soon! I would call the CF doc for sure!

ashmomo

My 4 year old has had a cough on and off for a couple months. We have done increased treatments and nebs for a while. The other day at the clinic they decide to put her on Augmentin to try to get rid of it.

Others on the website will say the shower thing is probably NOT a good idea considering the 'showerhead' article that was made such a big deal of a couple weeks ago. They carry lots of bacteria and are in that steam you are breathing in, supposedly.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />
<br />Others on the website will say the shower thing is probably NOT a good idea considering the 'showerhead' article that was made such a big deal of a couple weeks ago. They carry lots of bacteria and are in that steam you are breathing in, supposedly.
<br />
<br />Hope they get her feeling better very soon! I would call the CF doc for sure!

M

Mandarix101

Hey sorry to hear about your little sweet heart i have been dealing with that same thing every year of my life about twice a year when the weather changes unless it changes rapidly like this year then i have "spells" every time it changes but the thing that helps me CRAZY as is it is ... warm tea or coffee but its a double edged sword so be careful because the caffeine with stop the bronchial spasms which i am assuming what is taking place or at least does with me when i have normal chest x rays and normal bacteria and no infection but cant stop coughing and regularly do end up puking. the caffeine will stop the bronchi from spazming but if your sweet pea is not use to that much caffeine it may keep her up.. and of course elevate her in a recliner or prop up pillows.. but truth be told by day 10-17 of coughing all night and puking and having every part of me ache i could care less if im up for 290598345 days from caffeine as long as im not coughing anymore.

This is only based on life experience not Dr confirmations.

M

Mandarix101

Hey sorry to hear about your little sweet heart i have been dealing with that same thing every year of my life about twice a year when the weather changes unless it changes rapidly like this year then i have "spells" every time it changes but the thing that helps me CRAZY as is it is ... warm tea or coffee but its a double edged sword so be careful because the caffeine with stop the bronchial spasms which i am assuming what is taking place or at least does with me when i have normal chest x rays and normal bacteria and no infection but cant stop coughing and regularly do end up puking. the caffeine will stop the bronchi from spazming but if your sweet pea is not use to that much caffeine it may keep her up.. and of course elevate her in a recliner or prop up pillows.. but truth be told by day 10-17 of coughing all night and puking and having every part of me ache i could care less if im up for 290598345 days from caffeine as long as im not coughing anymore.

M

Mandarix101

M

Mandarix101

M

Mandarix101

<br />
<br />This is only based on life experience not Dr confirmations.

M

Mandarix101

oh and secondly no matter how many times i went to the hosp they could never find anything wrong they just told me let it run its course

M

Mandarix101

oh and secondly no matter how many times i went to the hosp they could never find anything wrong they just told me let it run its course

M

Mandarix101

M

Mandarix101

M

Mandarix101