Suggestions for protein/weight gain powder

ladybug

Hey, ya'll!

OK, so i'm starting to lift again (finally) and am looking for a protein/muscle gain powder that is also fairly high in calories and/or fat. I'm finding it relatively difficult to find such a powder that doesn't claim to "burn fat". Since we CFers don't usually need help burning fat (I generally have difficulty gaining weight), I need something that maybe allows the fat/calories to stay with you and help you gain muscle.

So, any suggestions? What do you use?

I'm going to be adding this to my smoothies along with a Tbsp. (120 cal) olive oil. Hopefully a smoothie or two like this per day will help me pack on the pounds (and, with powder mentioned above, hopefully MUSCLE!)

I also want to mention that according to my dietician, I get 120 grams of protein (on average) per day from my food, so super high protein is not a necessity...

Thanks!

ladybug

Hey, ya'll!

OK, so i'm starting to lift again (finally) and am looking for a protein/muscle gain powder that is also fairly high in calories and/or fat. I'm finding it relatively difficult to find such a powder that doesn't claim to "burn fat". Since we CFers don't usually need help burning fat (I generally have difficulty gaining weight), I need something that maybe allows the fat/calories to stay with you and help you gain muscle.

I'm going to be adding this to my smoothies along with a Tbsp. (120 cal) olive oil. Hopefully a smoothie or two like this per day will help me pack on the pounds (and, with powder mentioned above, hopefully MUSCLE!)

I also want to mention that according to my dietician, I get 120 grams of protein (on average) per day from my food, so super high protein is not a necessity...

Thanks!

ladybug

Hey, ya'll!

Thanks!

ladybug

Hey, ya'll!

Thanks!

ladybug

Hey, ya'll!
<br />
<br />OK, so i'm starting to lift again (finally) and am looking for a protein/muscle gain powder that is also fairly high in calories and/or fat. I'm finding it relatively difficult to find such a powder that doesn't claim to "burn fat". Since we CFers don't usually need help burning fat (I generally have difficulty gaining weight), I need something that maybe allows the fat/calories to stay with you and help you gain muscle.
<br />
<br />So, any suggestions? What do you use?
<br />
<br />I'm going to be adding this to my smoothies along with a Tbsp. (120 cal) olive oil. Hopefully a smoothie or two like this per day will help me pack on the pounds (and, with powder mentioned above, hopefully MUSCLE!)
<br />
<br />I also want to mention that according to my dietician, I get 120 grams of protein (on average) per day from my food, so super high protein is not a necessity...
<br />
<br />Thanks!

dswilson67

Hey,

Dan buy Wheyabolic Extreme from GNC
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2615315&cp=2712284.2168524.2169539&parentPage=family
">http://www.gnc.com/product/ind...539&parentPage=family
</a>
When we were at the GNC at my local Air Force base, the lady that managed it was a nutritionist and this is what she recommended for him. She also said that only use one scoop which is 20 grams of protien because the body can only digest that, to use more would be throwing money down the drain. Also a perk is that it has a digestive enzyme in it, which would helps. He liked the chocolate flavor. I highly recommend buying the shaker cup that has a metal springy ball in it, it does a great job of mixing it up so that it isn't clumpy. He also mixes it with whole milk to make it even more calorie rich. If you mix it in a blender you probably could use strawberries and bananas to make it even better.

I hope this helps.

Deb

dswilson67

Hey,

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2615315&cp=2712284.2168524.2169539&parentPage=family
</a>
When we were at the GNC at my local Air Force base, the lady that managed it was a nutritionist and this is what she recommended for him. She also said that only use one scoop which is 20 grams of protien because the body can only digest that, to use more would be throwing money down the drain. Also a perk is that it has a digestive enzyme in it, which would helps. He liked the chocolate flavor. I highly recommend buying the shaker cup that has a metal springy ball in it, it does a great job of mixing it up so that it isn't clumpy. He also mixes it with whole milk to make it even more calorie rich. If you mix it in a blender you probably could use strawberries and bananas to make it even better.

I hope this helps.

Deb

dswilson67

Hey,

</a>

I hope this helps.

Deb

dswilson67

Hey,

</a>

I hope this helps.

Deb

dswilson67

Hey,
<br />
<br />Dan buy Wheyabolic Extreme from GNC
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2615315&cp=2712284.2168524.2169539&parentPage=family
</a><br />
<br />When we were at the GNC at my local Air Force base, the lady that managed it was a nutritionist and this is what she recommended for him. She also said that only use one scoop which is 20 grams of protien because the body can only digest that, to use more would be throwing money down the drain. Also a perk is that it has a digestive enzyme in it, which would helps. He liked the chocolate flavor. I highly recommend buying the shaker cup that has a metal springy ball in it, it does a great job of mixing it up so that it isn't clumpy. He also mixes it with whole milk to make it even more calorie rich. If you mix it in a blender you probably could use strawberries and bananas to make it even better.
<br />
<br />I hope this helps.
<br />
<br />Deb

ladybug

Thanks, Deb! I will look into that. Geez, this stuff is expensive!!! Does it help Dan put on weight/muscle?? I was noticing Walmart has some for around $20 with about the same amount of protein/calories, so may start with that. Its also whey protein.

I also recently found hemp protein plus fiber which is all natural and organic. May try that first... Its only got about 8 grams of protein and people say it tastes terrible, but I'd put it in a smoothie so shouldn't notice.

Anyone else have one they like??? I KNOW there are people on here who bodybuild... at least there used to be.

Thanks,

ladybug

Thanks, Deb! I will look into that. Geez, this stuff is expensive!!! Does it help Dan put on weight/muscle?? I was noticing Walmart has some for around $20 with about the same amount of protein/calories, so may start with that. Its also whey protein.

I also recently found hemp protein plus fiber which is all natural and organic. May try that first... Its only got about 8 grams of protein and people say it tastes terrible, but I'd put it in a smoothie so shouldn't notice.

Anyone else have one they like??? I KNOW there are people on here who bodybuild... at least there used to be.

Thanks,

ladybug

Thanks,

ladybug

Thanks,

ladybug

<br />
<br />I also recently found hemp protein plus fiber which is all natural and organic. May try that first... Its only got about 8 grams of protein and people say it tastes terrible, but I'd put it in a smoothie so shouldn't notice.
<br />
<br />Anyone else have one they like??? I KNOW there are people on here who bodybuild... at least there used to be.
<br />
<br />Thanks,

Nightwriter

Hi Sonia,

I use Designer Whey Brand. It is really good, lots of flavors, and is very reasonably priced. I get the Vanilla because it didn't have any artificial flaovorings. They have it at The Vitamin Shoppe. But it is cheapest at Vitacost.com. I get an online coupon code that gives you another 5% to 8% off. No tax. Shipping 4.95.

Body builders use whey. They say it metabolizes the best when it comes to building muscle. I always see people with the great bodies at the gym and ask them lots of questions, thinking I'm going to be like that too. LOL.

Nightwriter

Hi Sonia,

I use Designer Whey Brand. It is really good, lots of flavors, and is very reasonably priced. I get the Vanilla because it didn't have any artificial flaovorings. They have it at The Vitamin Shoppe. But it is cheapest at Vitacost.com. I get an online coupon code that gives you another 5% to 8% off. No tax. Shipping 4.95.

Body builders use whey. They say it metabolizes the best when it comes to building muscle. I always see people with the great bodies at the gym and ask them lots of questions, thinking I'm going to be like that too. LOL.

Nightwriter

Hi Sonia,

Nightwriter

Hi Sonia,

Nightwriter

Hi Sonia,
<br />
<br />I use Designer Whey Brand. It is really good, lots of flavors, and is very reasonably priced. I get the Vanilla because it didn't have any artificial flaovorings. They have it at The Vitamin Shoppe. But it is cheapest at Vitacost.com. I get an online coupon code that gives you another 5% to 8% off. No tax. Shipping 4.95.
<br />
<br />Body builders use whey. They say it metabolizes the best when it comes to building muscle. I always see people with the great bodies at the gym and ask them lots of questions, thinking I'm going to be like that too. LOL.