Sun Rash

boonev

This may sound crazy but my 18 year old daughter with CF will often break out in a rash when we are on vacation. I am wondering if it is a medication reaction? We use a good sunscreen and have learned to travel with benedryl but this makes her tired. Any other Cf patients have this problem? any remedies that work? We are headed to Cancun over spring break so she'd like to have some tips prior to that. Thank you !!!

boonev

This may sound crazy but my 18 year old daughter with CF will often break out in a rash when we are on vacation. I am wondering if it is a medication reaction? We use a good sunscreen and have learned to travel with benedryl but this makes her tired. Any other Cf patients have this problem? any remedies that work? We are headed to Cancun over spring break so she'd like to have some tips prior to that. Thank you !!!

boonev

boonev

boonev

A

Aspiemom

I started getting "sun poisoning" when I was about 27 yrs. Up until then I always would tan (I'm very fair), but not after that.

Now many of my meds are photosensitive and I have to avoid the sun and heat. In a short amount of time I will get a rash and itch like crazy and start swelling.

A

Aspiemom

I started getting "sun poisoning" when I was about 27 yrs. Up until then I always would tan (I'm very fair), but not after that.

Now many of my meds are photosensitive and I have to avoid the sun and heat. In a short amount of time I will get a rash and itch like crazy and start swelling.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />Now many of my meds are photosensitive and I have to avoid the sun and heat. In a short amount of time I will get a rash and itch like crazy and start swelling.

I would as a child, without fail, break out with horrendously painful and itchy splotches on my skin whenever we visited my grandparents in Florida. I know I wasn't on an antibiotic regularly at the time, so we figured maybe I was allergic to something in the sunscreen? Looking back it probably was a combination of meds and the sunscreen.

I found that Solarcaine (in the spray can) brings temporary relief, and I'm sure your daughter would be so grateful for a back scratch to get all those places she can't reach. Also, she could bring along a thin long sleeved shirt to wear over her suit to provide a little extra protection.

Hope this helps and you enjoy Mexico!!

I would as a child, without fail, break out with horrendously painful and itchy splotches on my skin whenever we visited my grandparents in Florida. I know I wasn't on an antibiotic regularly at the time, so we figured maybe I was allergic to something in the sunscreen? Looking back it probably was a combination of meds and the sunscreen.

I found that Solarcaine (in the spray can) brings temporary relief, and I'm sure your daughter would be so grateful for a back scratch to get all those places she can't reach. Also, she could bring along a thin long sleeved shirt to wear over her suit to provide a little extra protection.

<br />
<br />I found that Solarcaine (in the spray can) brings temporary relief, and I'm sure your daughter would be so grateful for a back scratch to get all those places she can't reach. Also, she could bring along a thin long sleeved shirt to wear over her suit to provide a little extra protection.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps and you enjoy Mexico!!

applegirl

I get like hives when i'm in the sun during the summer. my body is super sensitive and the sun just bothers it. if i've been in the sun for a long period of time i get red blotches every where that was exposed to sun or i get marks that look like really bad bruises. if i go inside or into the shade within maybe 5-10 minutes the rash will go away. it doesn't hurt or itch, and i never tan. if shes on a lot of meds that could also be the problem, especially on antibiotics.

female 16 w/CF

applegirl

I get like hives when i'm in the sun during the summer. my body is super sensitive and the sun just bothers it. if i've been in the sun for a long period of time i get red blotches every where that was exposed to sun or i get marks that look like really bad bruises. if i go inside or into the shade within maybe 5-10 minutes the rash will go away. it doesn't hurt or itch, and i never tan. if shes on a lot of meds that could also be the problem, especially on antibiotics.

female 16 w/CF

applegirl

female 16 w/CF

applegirl

female 16 w/CF

applegirl

<br />
<br />female 16 w/CF