supplements for young male

Allie

My husband backpacked, hiked, all that, and he loved it. Like michelle, the only thing I would really recommend is water, water, watter, and perhaps so easy to eat energy bars.

EnergyGal

Cliff bars are great. Protein and carbs but there is something to them besides being so delcious. You can buy a box of twelve for eleven dollars. Expensive but worth it.

EnergyGal

Cliff bars are great. Protein and carbs but there is something to them besides being so delcious. You can buy a box of twelve for eleven dollars. Expensive but worth it.

EnergyGal

icefisherman

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>BEEZER61</b></i>

Thank you for the positive comment. I wasnt sure if this was a realistic activity for someone with cf.</end quote></div>

I live for this kind of thing, and I also don't have the greatest track record for taking meds. Although the altitude is lower here, i have done a few hikes just under 20 miles round trip with over a 3000' ascent up and back in one day. It's great that he is active in this way, and i think he probably knows his limits. My parents have gone out west in the higher altitiudes, and it took them a few days to adjust, i would probably recomends a day or two to get used to the thin air before a big hike.
Ben

icefisherman

Thank you for the positive comment. I wasnt sure if this was a realistic activity for someone with cf.</end quote></div>

I live for this kind of thing, and I also don't have the greatest track record for taking meds. Although the altitude is lower here, i have done a few hikes just under 20 miles round trip with over a 3000' ascent up and back in one day. It's great that he is active in this way, and i think he probably knows his limits. My parents have gone out west in the higher altitiudes, and it took them a few days to adjust, i would probably recomends a day or two to get used to the thin air before a big hike.
Ben

icefisherman

Ben

65rosessamurai

Ditto on what Allie said!
You can easily get dehydrated in Colorado, due to the dry climate, and high altitude. Year round, at least a litre or two of water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
Depending on the tolerance, no mater what the PFT's say, high altitude will cause problems for anyone not used to it! And, it takes about two months to adjust.
I was able to adjust quick, but it was as long as I wasn't doing any serious lifting, or running. I did do a 200yd. dash on one of my visits there, and suffered from shortness of breath for a brief while (Forgot I was at such a high altitude).
Taking food along would definitely be a good idea, so would the idea of taking sports drinks along.
Other than the recommendation of not over-doing it, taking a break when the body tells so, I can't think of much else to add.

65rosessamurai

You can easily get dehydrated in Colorado, due to the dry climate, and high altitude. Year round, at least a litre or two of water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
Depending on the tolerance, no mater what the PFT's say, high altitude will cause problems for anyone not used to it! And, it takes about two months to adjust.
I was able to adjust quick, but it was as long as I wasn't doing any serious lifting, or running. I did do a 200yd. dash on one of my visits there, and suffered from shortness of breath for a brief while (Forgot I was at such a high altitude).
Taking food along would definitely be a good idea, so would the idea of taking sports drinks along.
Other than the recommendation of not over-doing it, taking a break when the body tells so, I can't think of much else to add.

65rosessamurai