Support?

cheekeecow

My friend's husband has CF and they're going through a pretty difficult time regarding his health. I want to show my support but am not quite sure how. Does any one have any tips. I thought about cooking a couples meals for them so they don't have to worry about that, but any other ideas? Thanks!

Erin

cheekeecow

My friend's husband has CF and they're going through a pretty difficult time regarding his health. I want to show my support but am not quite sure how. Does any one have any tips. I thought about cooking a couples meals for them so they don't have to worry about that, but any other ideas? Thanks!

Erin

cheekeecow

Erin

JazzysMom

I think the meals is a great idea. There are many things you could offer. BUT I would check with her. FOR ME cleaning my house was a big help. Not only did it help with saving time, but it helped emotionally/mentally when I looked around & saw that things didnt need to be dusted or vacumed. Some people might enjoy those tasks just to get out of the CF thinking mode tho. Thats might I would ask her what she feels best with you doing. The big thing is just to let her know that you are there and she shouldnt be shy about asking........As a CFer I thank you!

JazzysMom

I think the meals is a great idea. There are many things you could offer. BUT I would check with her. FOR ME cleaning my house was a big help. Not only did it help with saving time, but it helped emotionally/mentally when I looked around & saw that things didnt need to be dusted or vacumed. Some people might enjoy those tasks just to get out of the CF thinking mode tho. Thats might I would ask her what she feels best with you doing. The big thing is just to let her know that you are there and she shouldnt be shy about asking........As a CFer I thank you!

JazzysMom

NoExcuses

wow that's wonderful of you, Erin.

I know for me, food is always the thorn in my side. My Uncle always makes me some meals and I can't tell you how much that means to me. It's incredibly helpful.

NoExcuses

I know for me, food is always the thorn in my side. My Uncle always makes me some meals and I can't tell you how much that means to me. It's incredibly helpful.

NoExcuses

kayleesgrandma

Just understanding what she is going through is a big help. If they have children, you could offer to take care of them or take them out for a show or something, helps to relieve stress on kids and on the parents. Is he in the hospital? You are a great friend for coming here . . .

kayleesgrandma

Just understanding what she is going through is a big help. If they have children, you could offer to take care of them or take them out for a show or something, helps to relieve stress on kids and on the parents. Is he in the hospital? You are a great friend for coming here . . .

kayleesgrandma

julie

Just being there for them is a huge one. I don't have a lot of people to just talk about My DH's health with. I have this site, which is wonderfull, but sometimes face to face is just better.

I would say the biggest thing for us when Mark gets sick is finding time to run errands (like to the grocery store to get groceries, TP, Paper Towels...), cook meals and clean the house.

Also, she might find some support on this site too... I know some don't like chat forums, but it might be worth mentioning to her.

You are a very sweet friend!

julie

Just being there for them is a huge one. I don't have a lot of people to just talk about My DH's health with. I have this site, which is wonderfull, but sometimes face to face is just better.

I would say the biggest thing for us when Mark gets sick is finding time to run errands (like to the grocery store to get groceries, TP, Paper Towels...), cook meals and clean the house.

Also, she might find some support on this site too... I know some don't like chat forums, but it might be worth mentioning to her.

julie

Samsmom

All of the ideas mentioned are great. I was also going to suggest you mention this forum to your friend, it's not just for people that have cf, it is for families too. (I am a mother of a cf kid) If her husband is in the hospital you might offer to sit with him and give her a break if she is staying with him. In general, just knowing you are willing and ready to help is sometimes the best help of all, so let her know what you can do and let her choose. Best of luck to them and you are a true friend to go this far to help. I wish there were more like you!!!

Samsmom

All of the ideas mentioned are great. I was also going to suggest you mention this forum to your friend, it's not just for people that have cf, it is for families too. (I am a mother of a cf kid) If her husband is in the hospital you might offer to sit with him and give her a break if she is staying with him. In general, just knowing you are willing and ready to help is sometimes the best help of all, so let her know what you can do and let her choose. Best of luck to them and you are a true friend to go this far to help. I wish there were more like you!!!

Samsmom

beleache

Erin, it's so great that there are people in the world like you, there are so many different ways of helping, from small to big ones, so sometimes even a little help can go a long way... i'm sure that they are greatful for your support and your friendship.... God Bless ... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f

beleache

Erin, it's so great that there are people in the world like you, there are so many different ways of helping, from small to big ones, so sometimes even a little help can go a long way... i'm sure that they are greatful for your support and your friendship.... God Bless ... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f