Support?

beleache

Erin, it's so great that there are people in the world like you, there are so many different ways of helping, from small to big ones, so sometimes even a little help can go a long way... i'm sure that they are greatful for your support and your friendship.... God Bless ... Joni 55 y/o f w c/f

AmyO

When my father was in the last stages of CF, my mother was completely consumed by my father's condition. She wasn't sleeping, wasn't taking the time to eat, wasn't doing anything for herself. Things that made a difference:

1. Ask her if she wants to go to lunch, do some errands, take a walk. Just something to get out of the house/hospital for just an hour or so.
2. Having ready to go meals. Although again, she may not eat. . . .
3. Hiring her a cleaning service, someone to come in once a week, to change the beds, do laundry, dust, wash the floors. . . .
4. Reading materials - magazines, something to take her mind off, but don't require too much thought.
5. Does the car need an oil change? Is there yard work that needs to get done? Any quick, easy home improvements? Changing light bulbs, etc. This is all something my father use to handle and when he couldn't anymore, this was a huge blow to my mother.

I hope this helps

Amy

AmyO

When my father was in the last stages of CF, my mother was completely consumed by my father's condition. She wasn't sleeping, wasn't taking the time to eat, wasn't doing anything for herself. Things that made a difference:

1. Ask her if she wants to go to lunch, do some errands, take a walk. Just something to get out of the house/hospital for just an hour or so.
3. Hiring her a cleaning service, someone to come in once a week, to change the beds, do laundry, dust, wash the floors. . . .
4. Reading materials - magazines, something to take her mind off, but don't require too much thought.
5. Does the car need an oil change? Is there yard work that needs to get done? Any quick, easy home improvements? Changing light bulbs, etc. This is all something my father use to handle and when he couldn't anymore, this was a huge blow to my mother.

I hope this helps

Amy

AmyO

I hope this helps

Amy

dcgal

You are such a thoughtful person. your post really hits home- my husband I and had so many people do thoughtful things for us when he became really ill and continued the help after he passed. I once had a friend bring over a supply of basics- paper towesl, toilet paper, paper plate, milk, bread. etc. So many friends didn't say 'What can I do' they said 'How about if I did this'. Another friend offered to take our son overnight and when she arrived to take him she had 2 dinners from a our favorite resturant and a movie. She thought we could use a date night- a week later he passed. It is a night I hold dear to my heart.

dcgal

You are such a thoughtful person. your post really hits home- my husband I and had so many people do thoughtful things for us when he became really ill and continued the help after he passed. I once had a friend bring over a supply of basics- paper towesl, toilet paper, paper plate, milk, bread. etc. So many friends didn't say 'What can I do' they said 'How about if I did this'. Another friend offered to take our son overnight and when she arrived to take him she had 2 dinners from a our favorite resturant and a movie. She thought we could use a date night- a week later he passed. It is a night I hold dear to my heart.

dcgal

Allie

God bless you for caring so much. I know when Ry was so very ill, it was hard to concentrate on all the other things that needed to be done, taking care of him was my top priority. Something that I was always really grateful for was when people did the little things. Making meals is a great idea, you can always use that. People helped me also by cleaning, or doing laundry, or getting something nice for Ry and I to do together, like a movie, or stuff to take a bath together (oils, bubble bath, etc), or whatever you can think of.

This is so great of you to be thinking of how to help them.

Allie

God bless you for caring so much. I know when Ry was so very ill, it was hard to concentrate on all the other things that needed to be done, taking care of him was my top priority. Something that I was always really grateful for was when people did the little things. Making meals is a great idea, you can always use that. People helped me also by cleaning, or doing laundry, or getting something nice for Ry and I to do together, like a movie, or stuff to take a bath together (oils, bubble bath, etc), or whatever you can think of.

Allie