Surgery

kmhbeauty

I just got finished with my 11th nasal polyp removal and my 13th surgery overall. The other 2 were for kidney stones. I have had really bad hemoptysis a couple months ago. Do you think its possible that the all anesthesia could be breaking down my lungs allowing so much blood to come out. I literally had two episodes where I coughed up blood everyday for a week. One of the days a ton of blood came up. I havnt had any blood since the surgery but I have noticed when I cough up mucus there will be a little blood clot in the mucus. That was even before the surgery. My 13th surgery, I had a rough time with the anesthesia. I havnt had a surgery in 2 years but I didn't recover as quickly. I don't know how Im going to be able to keep doing these surgeries. The polyps keep coming back! My lung function is at 80 percent, I just don't want to ruin my lungs when they have been doing decent my whole life. Any suggestion appreciated. I also lightly blew my nose when I got home from surgery and a pocket of blood (I think its blood or just fluid) went under my eye. Swelling has not reduced yet, only a tiny bit. I am going to have to go to work like this tonight. Im too broke to the the night off :/ any suggestions to get this fluid out from underneath the eye?

cam

I know how u feel with the sinus surgery its one of the worst surgeries ucan get I had 5 so far and last in I really thiught I was dyin try not to blow nose at all I know is blood came from mine long time amd huge clots to just after u heal lots of saline spray and steriod spray to help slow it down needing another surgery hope u do betting

RockyLass

I am not looking forward to this whens it my turn. My sinuses are now totally inflamed, and eventually probably need to open up in there!

Coughing up blood= inflammation= INFECTION. Chronic inflammation weakens blood vessels in the lungs. I hope you call your doctor when cough up a ton of blood like that, that always means IVs for me and that is not normal or to be put up with. Also, sometimes monthly hormones can do that, as well as lack of Vitamin K, your doctor should give you extra K if you are having episodes of that.

Good luck!