Surrogacy doesn't look like an option...

happinessalways

Hello,
I am Amanda 23 w CF and currently going throught the surrogacy process with my common law husband and our sister in law has come forward to be our surrogate, how amazing of her! She just had her first baby and all went very well, we are hoping the same for our baby. I was told in september by my doc that my lungs were not well enough to under go a pregnancy. This was devestating news as i am sure you know how it feels. We are in ontario canada and have a fertility clinic close to our home they have been wonderful so far. All of us must see a social worker, lawyer and phycologist through the process. All in all we are looking at about $10,000(can) since we cannot pay a surrogate in canada it is aginst the law we however must cover clinical fees. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask!
I hope that there is light at the end of your tunel and i know that the right plan will come your way. Good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

happinessalways

Hello,
I am Amanda 23 w CF and currently going throught the surrogacy process with my common law husband and our sister in law has come forward to be our surrogate, how amazing of her! She just had her first baby and all went very well, we are hoping the same for our baby. I was told in september by my doc that my lungs were not well enough to under go a pregnancy. This was devestating news as i am sure you know how it feels. We are in ontario canada and have a fertility clinic close to our home they have been wonderful so far. All of us must see a social worker, lawyer and phycologist through the process. All in all we are looking at about $10,000(can) since we cannot pay a surrogate in canada it is aginst the law we however must cover clinical fees. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask!
I hope that there is light at the end of your tunel and i know that the right plan will come your way. Good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

happinessalways

Hello,

happinessalways

Hello,

happinessalways

Hello,
<br />I am Amanda 23 w CF and currently going throught the surrogacy process with my common law husband and our sister in law has come forward to be our surrogate, how amazing of her! She just had her first baby and all went very well, we are hoping the same for our baby. I was told in september by my doc that my lungs were not well enough to under go a pregnancy. This was devestating news as i am sure you know how it feels. We are in ontario canada and have a fertility clinic close to our home they have been wonderful so far. All of us must see a social worker, lawyer and phycologist through the process. All in all we are looking at about $10,000(can) since we cannot pay a surrogate in canada it is aginst the law we however must cover clinical fees. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask!
<br />I hope that there is light at the end of your tunel and i know that the right plan will come your way. Good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

happinessalways

Hello,

happinessalways

Hello,

happinessalways

Hello,

happinessalways

Hello,

happinessalways

Hello,
<br />I am Amanda 23 w CF and currently going throught the surrogacy process with my common law husband and our sister in law has come forward to be our surrogate, how amazing of her! She just had her first baby and all went very well, we are hoping the same for our baby. I was told in september by my doc that my lungs were not well enough to under go a pregnancy. This was devestating news as i am sure you know how it feels. We are in ontario canada and have a fertility clinic close to our home they have been wonderful so far. All of us must see a social worker, lawyer and phycologist through the process. All in all we are looking at about $10,000(can) since we cannot pay a surrogate in canada it is aginst the law we however must cover clinical fees. If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask!
<br />I hope that there is light at the end of your tunel and i know that the right plan will come your way. Good luck and i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

PedsNP2007

Hi,
I haven't tried surrogacy, but my sister with CF and her husband went through surrogacy. It was successful on the first attempt (IVF using their egg and sperm into the host). The gestational surrogate was through an agency and my sister has a nice relationship with her. Her cost was ~20,000 and the rest of the cost included the agency cost, lawyer, and IVF stuff, including meds. I am sure it was at least $35-40,000. My parents mostly paid for it as they didn't want my sister to go through pregnancy. She has lung disease that is more involved than mine.

I haven't decided to go that route currently for many reasons. First, I am single and most surrogates would not do a single person who also has a life-limiting illness. Second, I am healthy enough to carry a pregnancy so I want to experience it plus not spend all the money to a pregnancy... I'll need money for nanny when I have my child.

Unless my dad changes his mind, i don't think there will be a second child for my sister. She is having enough trouble with her only one... he's not liking being on his own (not being held) when she does treatments and she's up a lot of the night and day with feeds... She's not taking care of herself as she should be. I am not involved in that as I need to step back and just let my mom get involved ... she's not my daughter and I know if I say something she will be annoyed at me for stepping in.

Good luck!!

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Hi,
I haven't tried surrogacy, but my sister with CF and her husband went through surrogacy. It was successful on the first attempt (IVF using their egg and sperm into the host). The gestational surrogate was through an agency and my sister has a nice relationship with her. Her cost was ~20,000 and the rest of the cost included the agency cost, lawyer, and IVF stuff, including meds. I am sure it was at least $35-40,000. My parents mostly paid for it as they didn't want my sister to go through pregnancy. She has lung disease that is more involved than mine.

I haven't decided to go that route currently for many reasons. First, I am single and most surrogates would not do a single person who also has a life-limiting illness. Second, I am healthy enough to carry a pregnancy so I want to experience it plus not spend all the money to a pregnancy... I'll need money for nanny when I have my child.

Unless my dad changes his mind, i don't think there will be a second child for my sister. She is having enough trouble with her only one... he's not liking being on his own (not being held) when she does treatments and she's up a lot of the night and day with feeds... She's not taking care of herself as she should be. I am not involved in that as I need to step back and just let my mom get involved ... she's not my daughter and I know if I say something she will be annoyed at me for stepping in.

Good luck!!

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Hi,

Good luck!!

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Hi,

Good luck!!

Jenn
30 yo cf

PedsNP2007

Hi,
<br />I haven't tried surrogacy, but my sister with CF and her husband went through surrogacy. It was successful on the first attempt (IVF using their egg and sperm into the host). The gestational surrogate was through an agency and my sister has a nice relationship with her. Her cost was ~20,000 and the rest of the cost included the agency cost, lawyer, and IVF stuff, including meds. I am sure it was at least $35-40,000. My parents mostly paid for it as they didn't want my sister to go through pregnancy. She has lung disease that is more involved than mine.
<br />
<br />I haven't decided to go that route currently for many reasons. First, I am single and most surrogates would not do a single person who also has a life-limiting illness. Second, I am healthy enough to carry a pregnancy so I want to experience it plus not spend all the money to a pregnancy... I'll need money for nanny when I have my child.
<br />
<br />Unless my dad changes his mind, i don't think there will be a second child for my sister. She is having enough trouble with her only one... he's not liking being on his own (not being held) when she does treatments and she's up a lot of the night and day with feeds... She's not taking care of herself as she should be. I am not involved in that as I need to step back and just let my mom get involved ... she's not my daughter and I know if I say something she will be annoyed at me for stepping in.
<br />
<br />Good luck!!
<br />
<br />Jenn
<br />30 yo cf