Swallowing enzymes

JennyCoulon

My son is 8 and he still doesn't swallow them. If he is anything like his mother it will be years. We have talked about it and he is not yet comfortable with it. He takes the Creon 20's so I can understand since they are kind of big. We haven't even discussed it with my 3 year old. If you have any tips on how to approach it or how to help them please let me know. Thanks,

JennyCoulon

My son is 8 and he still doesn't swallow them. If he is anything like his mother it will be years. We have talked about it and he is not yet comfortable with it. He takes the Creon 20's so I can understand since they are kind of big. We haven't even discussed it with my 3 year old. If you have any tips on how to approach it or how to help them please let me know. Thanks,

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

<br />

TobysMom

My son is 3 months old and I KNOW that there will come a point that he'll have to take the capsule whole. I was told to put the microbeads into baby fruit and feed it to him like that. I was doing that for a while, but then I figured I would try and dump the microbeads in his mouth. NOW he actually opens his mouth when I am giving them to him. I figured that would be my way of getting him to learn a bit of how to swallow stuff other than his food and he has been doing well with it. I DO "chase" it with either baby food or his formula.

I think as long as your child can swallow it, no need to worry. They dissolve pretty quickly from what I've noticed.

TobysMom

My son is 3 months old and I KNOW that there will come a point that he'll have to take the capsule whole. I was told to put the microbeads into baby fruit and feed it to him like that. I was doing that for a while, but then I figured I would try and dump the microbeads in his mouth. NOW he actually opens his mouth when I am giving them to him. I figured that would be my way of getting him to learn a bit of how to swallow stuff other than his food and he has been doing well with it. I DO "chase" it with either baby food or his formula.

I think as long as your child can swallow it, no need to worry. They dissolve pretty quickly from what I've noticed.

TobysMom

TobysMom

TobysMom

<br />
<br />I think as long as your child can swallow it, no need to worry. They dissolve pretty quickly from what I've noticed.

DEES4

My son was 3 years old when he started swallowing the enzymes whole. He is 4 now and can swallow three at a time...sometimes he even takes them without drink. How in the world he does that I dont know...I know I couldn't. He is impatient though and sometimes by the time I get the drink to him he has already swallowed them!!
Carrie

DEES4

My son was 3 years old when he started swallowing the enzymes whole. He is 4 now and can swallow three at a time...sometimes he even takes them without drink. How in the world he does that I dont know...I know I couldn't. He is impatient though and sometimes by the time I get the drink to him he has already swallowed them!!
Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

DEES4

<br />Carrie

M

mneville

Aidan was about 17 months when he started swallowing them whole through a straw. He now does up to 10 or so at once...

Megan

M

mneville

Aidan was about 17 months when he started swallowing them whole through a straw. He now does up to 10 or so at once...

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan